Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading

Thread: TiteGroup

TiteGroup

Is anyone using this powder in 357 mag ? I bought a pound and tried some in my T/C under a 358477 and 4.5gr. Shot well . What results did anyone else have.
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

Yes I have, and in 38 special for sure and I think some .357 mag also. Worked fine. Don't recall the load but can look it up. Just have to be careful since it is concentrated, easy to double charge without load in the case looking much different.

Seems to me it has a sharper "bark" yet milder recoil than some other powders. I tend to use 2400 but at one time TiteGroup was what was available so I used it. Snubbie barrel so big charge is just fireball of wasted powder. Which is also fun but not really cost effective.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

I tend to lean to more a slower burning powder and leave the speeders to conventional non-magnum loads, but yea it does ok in 357. I use H110 and H4227
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Mold
    I use Titegroup in many different of pistol calibers. It's not the best powder for all the pistol calibers I use it in, but I have been able to find it and buy it in tough times.
    Mild to mid-range loads with Titegroup in 357mag worked well for me too.

I use 4227 in my 357 mag loads. I use the Titegroup in all my other non-magnum handgun cartridges.

Thanks , I'm not looking for mag loads on this one . I'm working on a lite target loads for for some hunters pistol steel shooting . At this range a fellow shooter told me that target damage is a concern . For IHMSA field pistol at my home range , I'll run my normal load with 12.2 gr. of AA#9 under the 150 Lyman 358477 . Our 1/2 size targets handle hits from 6BR and similar on a regular basis . I was hunting a lite load that my T/C liked .
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

Titegroup should work for that. Just go to the Hodgdon data site and choose a load to start with. You could even load a 38 special powder charge in a 357 case.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall623 View Post
    Is anyone using this powder in 357 mag ? I bought a pound and tried some in my T/C under a 358477 and 4.5gr. Shot well . What results did anyone else have.
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I use TG in my GP100 6" with the same charge under 158 gr cast with very good results. I also use 5.0gr TG with a WSP and 158 Nosler jacketed HP. The latter will shoot under 1" @ 26yds.

TiteGroup is one of those powders that you can make something fly out of about anything with. I've used it in all the pistol calibers I load and in rifle from 223 to 45-70. My favorite 38spl powder and works well in 357 for light to moderate loads. When working up your loads with TG go up in small steps it can go from mild to wild pretty quickly. Gp

All the above + it meters like a dream.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Bub
    Been playing with super-light loads in .38, .357, .44 Spl, .44 Mag, .45 auto rim, .45 auto, and .45 Colt.

My favorite Bunny Fart load in .357 so far is a measly 3.4 gr. Titegroup and a 158 SWC or RNFP. ... So pleasant to shoot all day long.

Because all of the above are sipping such small amounts, I invested in a RCBS Competition Pistol powder measure. It throws Titegroup within .1 grain from day to day
    without fail.
    Last edited by bocash3; 09-30-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Boolit Mold
    I load 38 & 357 with TG for same purpose.

357 data = 3.2 - 3.8
    38 data = 4.0 - 5.4

5.1 of TG w/ 125gr FP bullets For 357
    3.7 of TH w/ 125gr FP bullets for 38

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk