Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: How are our friends in the Carolinas doing????

Boolit Grand Master

How are our friends in the Carolinas doing????

How are y'all doing????
    Hope all is well.
    From the news, some places took it hard.
    Keep safe.
    Don't take any unnecessary chances.

Boolit Master

Thankfully we only got rain where we are, lots of it and had to drain the pool multiple times. My inlaws had some flooding and no power for a little while.

Boolit Master

I don't live there
    But my Cousin and her husband do

I talked to her last nigh , she and her husband are OK .... did loose power several times for a few hours each time
    She said the car port and the back porch need replacing after a tree fell on them

Biggest problem she said they had .... will be in 9 months
    As they had been trying for a baby and had lots of time to work on that problem LOL

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Grand Master
    Looks bad on the news, but don't know how much of that is just fake news.
    Still, I hope everyone comes through it.

The upstate area of SC where I am basically got a pass. A fair amount of rain, but nothing major.

The crazy thing is the rivers are still flooding as the water makes its way to the coast.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Master
    Most of the worse damage is between New Bern and Wilmington. Flooding has been above flood stage along every river from New Bern and south. Goldsboro area will crest over a 4 day period. Because of the high water folks have been asked to stay away till the waters recede and highways can be assessed for travel. The ones that are open are being used for getting utilities up and running. Different organizations are providing relief. These folks are awesome:

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/lo...218685525.html

Boolit Master
    In Wilmington and adjacent housing areas in New Hanover county, 99% of the flooding was due to poor drainage provisions by developers and/or just building in a bad place to start with.

An example of poor drainage occurred very close to me. Some houses had flood damage and "midnight boat rescues" just a few blocks over from me. However, my house was probably 8' above the max flood level of the creek down at the end of the road. Even the houses that were built next to the creek at the end of the road were build on high crawl spaces and they were 3' to 4' above max flood. The day after the local flooding problems, the area that was flooded had next to nothing for standing water visible in the entire area.

There was widespread tree carnage. The power company has really responded with lots of help to take care of the power line damage. There was some tree related damage to houses, but probably less than 1%. There was even some erosion damage to a few select roadways.

The highway flooding and highway erosion just West and North of Wilmington was pretty bad. This is disappointing, as good roadway design up front should have made this mostly a non-issue.

My guess is that 95% of the Wilmington houses and buisnesses will be back to "pretty much normal" mid next week. There will still be significant cleanup and debris removal going on for a while.

As expected, the beach towns and the inland areas with flooding are where most of the disaster really happened (or is ongoing).
    Last edited by P Flados; 09-22-2018 at 08:15 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

I 40 & I 95 are back open as of today.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    I 40 & I 95 are back open as of today.
    Yea, saw video of them hosing the fish off of I40... Going to stay away from that part of the state for a bit lol