WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: William B. Ruger Jr. Has Passed.

Boolit Master

William B. Ruger Jr. Has Passed.

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE-RGR) mourns the loss of William B. Ruger, Jr., former Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Ruger. Mr. Ruger, who was the second CEO of the Company and the son of the Company's founder, passed away this past weekend.

"We are deeply saddened by the passing of Bill, who was integral to the foundation and early success of this company," said Chris Killoy, President and CEO of Ruger. "Bill's 42 years of loyal service to the Company has had a lasting impact that is still felt today. We will sincerely miss him and our thoughts and prayers are with his family."
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Moderator Emeritus

My first Ruger was a $35.00 single six .... had a bunch of their weapons over the years and still use a very old M77...RIP Bill, Jr.
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Sorry to hear of the passing of Bill Ruger Jr. We have lost many of the early pioneers in the firearm industry. Ruger has a firm foundation and should be good if the bean counters and lawyers don't mess it up.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

I interviewed Bill Jr. for a brief article on the Kittery Trading Post Commemerative 10/22. They only did some 50 of these for the KTP in Kittery Maine years ago. He was very accessible and very helpful and stated that this was the lowest run of any gun they have ever made.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.