RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grammarly: Free Writing Assistant

Banned

Grammarly: Free Writing Assistant

As time passes the memory isn't what it used to be and the connection between brain and fingers isn't the greatest.

I discovered Grammarly: Free Writing Assistant a while ago and it has been a real lifesaver/confidence builder.

The free version checks your spelling and some grammar as you type.

Grammarly for Windows https://www.grammarly.com/native/windows

Grammarly for Chrome https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...bkghlhen?hl=en

Grammarly for Firefox https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...n/grammarly-1/

Your writing, at its best. https://www.grammarly.com/?q=brand&u...SAAEgL5qfD_BwE

Use a free grammar check and correct mistakes in your text with Grammarly’s online grammar checker. https://www.grammarly.com/grammar-check

The paid version does a lot more but I'm OK with the free version and I'm to cheap to pay for it!

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

I have it and it does work. You do spend some time going back and fixing all the "red highlights"......lol.

Boolit Master

If it is one of those gizmo app things that try to anticipate what you want to say and argue with you when you disagree with it then I hate it.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Banned
    It doesn't try to anticipate, It just helps you correct spelling and some grammar. It puts a red line under any of your mistakes/possible mistakes, you hover the mouse over the line and it will show you suggestions to fix it.

frkelly74

No it's one of those things that remembers the differences between their and there, or since and sense, or who and whom and sometimes theirs no way I have any since to remember the difference.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    Since I'm not writing reports that will be entered into evidence, I'm a bit hesitant to give legal permission to some outside entity to read and perhaps store a copy of every word I type.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    It works pretty darn good.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    Since I'm not writing reports that will be entered into evidence, I'm a bit hesitant to give legal permission to some outside entity to read and perhaps store a copy of every word I type.
    Already happens.

NSA
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Banned
    What I hate is when I misspell a word so badly that it becomes another real word then I'm SOL

Boolit Grand Master

And it sends you a report card.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

On the old ammobrasstraders site I offered a service much like that. I offered to help with correcting spelling and punctuation if the person asking would give me their best guess and include pictures and other hints so I could discern what it was that they were attempting to say. Then in a few days I would respond with my best guess. I got no takers, I guess I was ahead of my time.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master

If you have "lane change alert" in your car then you probably need this. Probably ok but I want to keep my mind working.
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Master

I work with some very educated people and some of them could really use this tool. I am not excluding myself either.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Master

It is a very nice program. Easy (for me) to use and very helpful at times.

The thing that did prompt me quit it was that it does indeed store everything you write to a cloud somewhere.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

I use this everyday for my work. I am a computer Anaylst and it has saved my bacon a few times.

It still dose not beat a second set of eyes.

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    I am using it to ensure that my grammar is correct as I am doing freelance writing job. As of now, I am working on revising some content on an online pet supplies shop. I just finished the heated dog beds category and will work on the other pages. This software really helps me a lot.
    Last edited by 1margarette; 09-19-2018 at 12:51 AM.

Boolit Master

I needed this about a year ago when writing a business plan. The BBB "coach" told me it looked like it was written by a 5th grader... well I AM from Mississippi...
    At one with the gun.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau Cassidy View Post
    I needed this about a year ago when writing a business plan. The BBB "coach" told me it looked like it was written by a 5th grader... well I AM from Mississippi...
    Well, you have to write to the level that people around you will understand

I was copy and pasting everything into my word processor, correcting it, then cut and paste back into the forum.

It doesn't catch everything but it does make me feel like I look like less of an idiot on my posts

Boolit Master
    Just set it up.in not sure how I'm going to like it, I'm not big on change. It's not red lining for me it changing mistakes.( I kinda wanted it to redline ) I'm using it on a iPad. I don't know will see
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master
    I wonder how this thing knows if it's their or if it is over there house

I guess it doesn't
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast