Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: CSA sights by C.Sharps

CSA sights by C.Sharps

Have a 1885 highwall on order from C.Sharps should be ready in 6 - 9 months. My question is does anyone have good, bad or recommended vernier sight - how do you rate the C.Sharps sights vs say MVA, Baldwin etc thanks in advance.

Boolit Grand Master

I have there sights on my Hepburn in 45-90 and Highwall in 38-55. One is a long range soule and the other is a midrange soule. Both have done well for me. I lso a have a couple MVA sights that are very good.

Now for the big questions what barrel and length did you get? Mine is a 30" tapered oct with 1-12 twist. I upgraded the wood and single set trigger. Lets hear about the rifle

Check out the Hoke sight. Capable of extreme windage correction, easy to read graduations; stapp marked on both sides so good for right or left hand, comes with variable aperture eye disc. Disc has rubber ring to protect stock.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

The rifle i ordered will be 30" Green Mountain Oct, upgraded wood, pistol grip, CSA front sight with spirit level, single set trigger, shotgun metal butt. The barrel twist rate 1-18 that's about it. Any other suggestions???? Oh also a buck-horn barrel sight.

Just called C.Sharps and changed barrel to heavy octagon, rifle will not be used for hunting just target stuff can use the extra weight to tame recoil somewhat.
    Last edited by Nikkisdad; 10-09-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Boolit Master
    The CSA tang sight I got with my rifle displayed some slop, MVA and even Ukrainian sights which I have now do not display that same slop.

Thanks good info here keep it coming so I can make a decision.

Boolit Buddy

+1 on the Hoke.

Boolit Master
    When I ordered mine many years ago, I got their standard vernier midrange sight. I wasn't long before I changed to a Soule style rear (Heilman). My Hepburn wears a Baldwin.

As far as your twist rate question goes, I would consider a 1-18" the minimum. The Badger on my Highwall is a 1-18", and while I have no issues with it to 600 yards, I'd not be bothered in having it a touch faster (though I'll never change that Badger). I shoot either a 535 grain Paul Jones or a 550 grain Brooks in my 45/70.

I would never say that my wife is too good looking, I have too much money, my scope has too much magnification, or my barrel has too fast of a twist.....