Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyPBcastcoInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: Gall bladder removal

Boolit Master

Gall bladder removal

Title says it all. Saturday night after supper my stomach starts to hurt big time,I've a couple of anuerisms near my liver and a kidney so after about 3 hours of pain I call 911 and off to the ER. So after a CAT scan and a few rounds of serious pain meds turns out gall stones and bladder have to come out. Got home yesterday around 7 PM and I'm sore,haven't quite got my voice back and I'm doing as little as possible for the next week or so.

Boolit Master

you will have a hard time eating fatty foods, other than that have not noticed any other problems.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Grand Master

After the selective eating goes away, you'll gain some weight. When your not afraid to enjoy, you do.
    Hope everything improves.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    Not sure of your age, but mine came out in my mid 30s and I haven't missed it one bit! I eat anything I ever did before.

Boolit Master
    I'm an "old"fart 68. Had my first solid meal today milk and cereal no problems so far

Boolit Master
    I had to have mine removed about 35 years ago. Gall bladder attacks are nothing to fool around with. They did have what they call the golden pill to take at the onset which would alleviate the intense pain. Think back then they were about 3 bucks a pop. Mine was done using laproscopic surgery back then. Minimal incisions and die to the fact it was considered major surgery back then I was out of work for about a month. Frank

Boolit Master
    I'm 68. Had my GB removed on July 12 of this year. I was wheeled into the operating room at 3:30 and was home by 7:30. Crazy. I have not had any discomfort in eating foods afterwards but I know a fellow who can't eat fatty food. I had it done laparoscopically and the large hole you barely see the scar and the other three holes, well, I know the general area. I had terrible pain in my shoulders because you get inflated with CO2. They try to deflate you but if not all the gas comes out
    Rich or poor, it's good to have money.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Laparoscopic surgery helps recovery time a LOT. Older school surgery was far more invasive. When mine went bad I had a crummy MD who took so long to figure it out that mine'd gone gangrenous by the time they got it; I was not a happy camper. LOTS better after the surgery and a couple days recovery as I wasn't being poisoned so badly!

Boolit Buddy
    For the first couple months after I had mine out it was almost like I still had it.But that went away.I know people who were like that for years.I don't have any problems now in fact till this post I'd forgot about it.

Boolit Master
    My wife lived on tea and marshmallows till they agreed to take hers out as anything that had the slightest fat in it gave her terrible pain .once out she was right as rain in a couple of weeks.

I had terrible pain in my shoulders because you get inflated with CO2. Wondered why they said you will know when it needs to go. Ultra sound says I have some stones but haven't done anything about it yet. Kidney stones too.
    Does that solve back and knee pain also?
    Whatever!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    popper - For me part of the confusion on my Dr's part was that I didn't feel much pain around my Gall Bladder - I did feel horrible back pain though, apparently on some people the pain can be felt where it ISN'T coming from. So for me, yes, it did reduce back pain a lot. Very much needed! No help on my knees though - DRAT!

I have a friend that had it done a few years ago. Don't know how it's related, but he can now drink anyone under the table.
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -- Thomas Jefferson