RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shotshell reloading storage

Banned

Shotshell reloading storage

How do you store/organize your hulls, wads, cards, and shot?

I'm new to shotgun reloading and my reloading area is already crowded.

Need to fit in more presses and a mountain of supplies.

I would really like to see pictures of what you found works best for you.

Boolit Master

I'm with you Grmps. I started shotshell loading a few months ago. What do I do with these bags of hulls?
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Boolit Master
    Hulls, wads, shot in various sizes, slugs, round ball, hand loaders, presses, etc.....
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Banned
    I was thinking about;

---------------------------------------------------------------------- $-----------L-------W-------H
    Sterilite 6 Qt Clear Storage Box White Lid.............................$0.99......13.62.. ..8.25.....4.88 https://www.target.com/p/sterilite-6...d/-/A-13794902
    Sterilite 6 Qt ClearView Latch Box Clear with Purple Latches....$1.99......14.12....7.75.....4.88 https://www.target.com/p/sterilite-6...s/-/A-13794493
    10.5 quart Plastic Storage Bin with Lid - Sterilite Showoffs......$3.99.......15.25...9.75......7.12 https://www.target.com/p/plastic-sto...73#lnk=sametab
    Sterilite 16 Qt Clear Storage Box White Lid............................$2.99.......16.75.. 11.88.....7.......https://www.target.com/p/sterilite-1...d/-/A-13785839

Boolit Master

I made hoppers from dollar store foam board. Pretty easy with tooth picks and elmer's glue. Never underestimated good ole elmers glue.

Dollar store draw thingy for cards ext.

I found these foot ball card boxes and they hold loaded shells nicely.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

I'm not that all cramped for room but am using buckets for empties. Then in my spare time ( ) I size and reprime and store in plastic tubs. Started putting my shot into spice containers as I found it easier to pour than the bags. The wads are still in the bags. I haven't had to worry about that to much. For the presses, I made plates with the same hole patterns and used T nuts on the underside. Any press I have can bolt up in the same place. I have this set up for inside and outside applications. So far has worked great and is cheap,,,just like me.

Boolit Master

I used to shoot skeet competively so I had four gauges to store. The problem was keeping the Remington and Winchester once fired and multipule fired hulls seperated in each gauge. I used Stealite storage containers which are durable, covered and stackable. Granted, they are large and take up 6-8' of wall space in the basement they are organized.

Boolit Master

If you can put your stuff in 6 qt containers friend, you haven't started yet! My crew (2 sons and grandson & me) shot about 8 boxes of 12 ga yesterday. They get a flat of shells each for birthday and Christmas. That generally gets burned up at doves and the occasional clays shoot. Always got a little for the stash pile which includes a bunch of buckshot and various slug loads. The big stearite containers referred to already hold hulls. Smaller ones hold powder various powders and the smaller oddball components and a couple of large ones for wads. One medium size for gun cleaning paraphenalia, then there's the archery stuff, the .270 stuff, the 9 mil stufff.....You oughtta watch for my obituary cause it will be the yard sale of the century I'm certain.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master
    Hull, wads, overshot cards,undershot wads all go in a big wooden chest. Crushed wads and hulls are usless!
    Primers in dedicated safe are.
    Shot in bags on hd shelf.
    Buffers, mica was slick and mythin sheets on shelf.

Loaded rounds in factory boxes from eBay (used) then in ammo cans.

Presses mount to bench with wingnuts currently (one 10 gauge, one 12 and one 20) in case I need more bench space.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Master
    I've got a couple 2 large/1small drawer file cabinets under the reloading table just for shotgun stuff. Bags of hulls and wads can stand on end so the don't get distorted in the large drawers. Small drawer holds primers, cards and buffer. I got them from a car detail shop that went under and had to clear out. I got 3 presses. I've got an old t-shirt pulled over each to cut down on dust. Handle slips in the sleeve.

Boolit Master

My shot is in bags
    here is regular shot

here is super hard target shot

Hulls and wads are stored in a large overseas shipping container
    in copier paper boxes on shelving units
    Hulls and wads take up a lot of room so I find copier paper boxes ideal.
    Often copier places or school admin facilities will have all you need for free.

Mike
    Last edited by skeettx; 09-16-2018 at 07:45 PM.
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

^^^^ Skeetx, you da man!
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master
    I made a kinda small pallet out of 2x6’s for the shot . I like to keep it off the concrete floor . But for wads and hulls I use these things called cardboard boxes ������
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    When I started loading for skeet n trap a bag of chilled was $9 and a bag of magnum was $10 . $35+ a bag just irritates the blank out of me .
    Last edited by Pressman; 09-17-2018 at 07:31 PM.
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    $45.00-50.00 in Denver.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Cardboard boxes for hulls, bags for shot, primers stay in their boxes until use, powder stays in it's canister until use. Wads on the bags they ame in until use then into plastic bins while loading.

Misc small stuff like round balls or buckshot in lunch meat containers.

I also mount all my presses (not just shotshell loaders) on plates that can be clamped to a bench when needed. They are stored in a storage area with trash bags over them until needed and that keeps them clean.

Dirt is the biggest enemy of Reloading Equipment.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    i use boxes from post office. they are free and you have a choice of sizes. they are also sturdy. may as well get something out of usps they can't deliver mail.

I store my hulls in apple box that you get from the store and also the wads and bags of shot on a shelf under the bench and primers are with all the other primers that I store.I size and deprime all my hulls and put like hulls in one box,then mark the box of what is in it. I get the apple box for nothing.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    I have wads stored in cardboard boxes marked on the end what is inside stacked in a closet , hulls in boxes mostly to keep them sorted but bulk hulls are in pickling barrel with removal led , primer and powder in my powder closest . I to get shell boxes from eBay for loaded shells then the loaded shells are stored in wooden crates . I have never had a loaded shell go bad so I keep a few around . I don't keep as much shot around as I did when it was under 20 bucks a sack but I keep a few sacks of different sizes on hand probably 10 or so altogether .

Banned
    This is good stuff guys, keep the ideas coming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast