MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxLee Precision
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing minds???

Boolit Buddy
    Before my wife and I got married she was scared of guns, she has since learned to use them and respect them.
    She has on numerous occasions told me that people in her home country never carried guns. My response to that is usually something to the effect of "Less people would be victims of crime if they did."
    She has come to respect firearms and value their use in self defense. It took years just to get her to be comfortable around them. Maybe in a few more years she will actually start carrying her own handgun.
    I think the idea of people suddenly becoming pro-gun overnight is possible, but most likely won't be the case.

Unfortunately for most liberals to "see the light", will take a extreme physical attack which either leaves them disabled or emotionally affected. My sister and her children are extremely liberal. Last family visit we were talking about self defense and she stated her two daughters have pepper spay on their key chains. I asked what happens if either got in a situation where pepper spay wasn't enough. The look I received was as if I wished harm on my nieces. She was so mad that ten minutes later she decided it was time to go. I guess that I shouldn't have also stated that my daughter has had her CCP since she turned 21 along with my SIL. Boy was my mom pissed that I kept poking the issue. I love my sister, nieces and nephew. But they are sheep and will NOT listen to any reason.
    Retired Redleg
    I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood, I don't mind going out the same way.

Couple months ago, town had a bank robbery. LE tried pepper spray, taser, finally drew down on the robber. Couldn't see a thing from the pepper spray, had to go to the doc to get the stuff washed out. Robber was fine, another LEO snuck up from behind and grabbed HER. Was written up this way in town paper, not a joke. Yes the funny part, weapon was lighter fluid and matches. And tried to prevent getting shot by shielding herself with her INFANT.
    Friend has a place in the country, she saw a snake and thought she wanted a gun. Can't make up her mind, still doesn't have one. I've tried to tell her that the snakes are the least of her worries,there are bigger 'snakes' around. For some reason they have a dread of guns. But tea cups are fine.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Did`nt have those problems back when I was growing up(Loonie Lefties).At least that I was aware of.After a hurricane was over and gone it was just amazing what was seen being carried around for"critter control".Two legged that is.Especially in the down town business areas and beach side in the rich folks areas.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12