StainLess Steel MediaTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionGraf & Sons
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: QuickLoad case dimensions info

Boolit Master

QuickLoad case dimensions info

Hi all - I have a copy of QuickLoad ordered (Long story - Friend's buying it for me.) Unsure when I'll get it. Soon enough probably. For case re-forming I had a thought, is the information in the QuickLoad databases in a known format so it could be used to search for suitable donor cartridges in the future when I come up with another wildcat or shot shell or whatever I want to make from some donor brass? If not I can start putting my own database together, UGH though LOL

Boolit Master
    Denmark (a greasy little spot in Scandinavia)
    You're SOL!
    Quickload bases it's calculations on volume not actual case dimensions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QL case data.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	227233

Boolit Master
    Aw DRAT. Well, it happens. Thank you! I can start getting data (lots of it conflicting) from my bunch of manuals and online, and entering it... I suspect I'll have some conflicting data on some things LOL

Boolit Master
    QL does have dimensional drawings for many of the cartridges that I find useful in looking at potential case forming work. I just don't know how they are stored and if there is any way to search them other than my old "call up the cartridge and look at the drawing" strategy. Most, but by no means all, of the cartridges in QL have a nice drawing with max case dimensions shown.

When you call up the main QL page with your cartridge selected, if there is a little colored rectangle showing right under the left-hand side of the "Selected Cartridge" window you click on the little rectangle and get the case drawing.

Like I said, I have found that very handy at times.

Boolit Master
    Good to know I've been a programmer since the 70s so I can figure something out once I have the data captured, and might even be able to figure out their storage scheme. (I don't "like" database programming much, but it's like anything else, sometimes you have to do it.) If I can avoid the "scut work" that's always nice. ("scut work" is what COMPUTERS are for! LOL)

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlmck View Post
    QL does have dimensional drawings for many of the cartridges that I find useful in looking at potential case forming work. I just don't know how they are stored and if there is any way to search them other than my old "call up the cartridge and look at the drawing" strategy. Most, but by no means all, of the cartridges in QL have a nice drawing with max case dimensions shown.

When you call up the main QL page with your cartridge selected, if there is a little colored rectangle showing right under the left-hand side of the "Selected Cartridge" window you click on the little rectangle and get the case drawing.

Like I said, I have found that very handy at times.
    Then the man is no better of than using "Handloaders Manual of Cartridge Conversions" and look them up manually.

Boolit Master
    17nut - Yes. Just means I'll have to put a LOT of data in from there - all manually.

Boolit Master
    Quickload also makes case design software named QuickDesign.
    That bit will let you play as your heart desires

https://www.neconos.com/details3a.htm

Boolit Master
    Hmmm, good info! I'll call them and see if I can export the data (if it's in text form that's be simple.) Thank you!