RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple season!

Boolit Grand Master

Most apples require 200+ hours of freeze over the winter to bear. Peaches don't. Northern lowbush blueberries do, Southern highbush blueberries only require at most 40-60 hrs freeze. There are only a couple of apples that don't require a lot of freeze, the Arkansas Black being one of them.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    You folks are lucky that live in apple country, as I planted about 16 apple trees, and about 6 look OK, the rest dead or dying, and I finally picked 6 apples this year!

Boolit Master
    Well, the missus finished up the last of the apple jelly today. we ended up with about 40-45 jars of apple jelly. She decided not to do any apple butter this year. We also canned around 20-21 qts. of just apples in light syrup.. Sha did a finale of 4 quarts of stewed tomatoes & said she is done for this year she thinks. Close to, or over 200 jars canned just this Fall, not counting some that were done in the late Winter/Spring after the holidays early in this year. We are now well stocked again.

Now, it is my turn to start doing some canned venison. Need room in the freezers for anything that comes in for the Fall. Going to start this coming week I think.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12