WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: Mold and mildew ?

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

Mold and mildew ?

A while ago someone posted a product that they use in their job for mold and mildew removal that works very well. I can't remember the name and for some reason I can't find the post. With all the rain we have had it is becoming a bit of a problem. Does anyone remember the name or the poster. I'd like to get some. Thanks.

I think the active ingredient in mold remover is good old Clorox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I've always used Clorox bleach to kill mold and mildew on non-fabric surfaces.

Boolit Master
    I used Borax and water in my basement that had flooded. I read that bleach stays on the surface and is toxic but the Borax reaches below the surface and isn't toxic. It worked great. I bought a 3 gallon sprayer, mix a cup of Borax in, spray it, let it set, spray it again and let it sit.

Boolit Master
    Vinegar
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

Boolit Bub
    concrobium. This will kill it. may not remove it, but will kill it. Chlorine will kill and remove but the water in bleach will feed it. You can clean and remove with bleach and dish soap( Dawn, i think). Be very careful with this mixture, the wrong dish soap will kill you with poisonous gas (no joke). READ THE LABEL. Then spray with concrobium.
    There are over 100,000 kinds of mold. You are breathing several of them now. Some, as in relatively few are harmful; but, if you are allergic to mold you can be allergic to it if it is dead or alive, hence the need to remove it if possible.

Boolit Master
    Hydrogen Peroxide in a pump sprayer will kill the mold & mildew without the strong odor. "To kill mold spores and their roots, pour straight 3 percent peroxide (H2O2), undiluted, into a spray bottle and saturate the blocks with it. Let the H2O2 do its work for 10 to 15 minutes, and scrub the walls to remove all dead mold. You can add vinegar to the H2O2 in the spray bottle to make the solution stronger" You'll gas yourself with straight bleach and the smell lasts a very long time. Caution as peroxide is an oxidizer as well.

Boolit Master
    X-14 is a commercially available product stronger than bleach. It seemed to keep mold from returning longer than other products.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

I found Tilex mold and mildew remover to work the best for me. Strong odor that lasts awhile but it wipes out mold. I would bet this is what the OP is looking for.
    Cast Boolit Shooter and Caster

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 454 shooter View Post
    concrobium. This will kill it. may not remove it, but will kill it. Chlorine will kill and remove but the water in bleach will feed it. You can clean and remove with bleach and dish soap( Dawn, i think). Be very careful with this mixture, the wrong dish soap will kill you with poisonous gas (no joke). READ THE LABEL. Then spray with concrobium.
    There are over 100,000 kinds of mold. You are breathing several of them now. Some, as in relatively few are harmful; but, if you are allergic to mold you can be allergic to it if it is dead or alive, hence the need to remove it if possible.
    This works great.
    Spray and forget.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I have heard good things about "Kilz" but no personal experience.

Boolit Grand Master

We had some of the cheap Dollar General brand spray cleaner "Cleaner with Bleach". Spray on non-porous walls and tub, kills stuff great. Bleach in a spray bottle would work just as well, I think, and is a disinfectant.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

Thanks, people. I know about the home remedies like bleach etc. The poster I was thinking about mentioned a commercial product that he used in his business or where he worked so I was wondering what it was because it was supposed to be very strong. Thanks again.

Boolit Master
    What types of surfaces and materials are we talking about and what are you trying to do? Kill the mold, prevent mold, how large of an area?

Why buy expensive commercial products when plenty of solutions are out there and for the most part dirt cheap?

Boolit Bub
    Thanks, people. I know about the home remedies like bleach etc. The poster I was thinking about mentioned a commercial product that he used in his business or where he worked so I was wondering what it was because it was supposed to be very strong. Thanks again.
    Concrobium is what I use in my business. It is THE product recommended by the senior consultant of SporeTech mold investigations.

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

reddog81.....it is many surfaces running from drywall to concrete and some areas fairly large. You can't believe the problem this weather has been this year in Pa. and much of the East coast. Schools and businesses are closing because of the problem. So much water leaked under a very well sealed door into my shop that part of the floor has to be treated. Cost is a realative figure when things get this bad. So I figure I would use what commercial people use is all. Thanks and I will probably try the Concrobium.