RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading Everything

Thread: Offset scope mount for 22 rifle

Boolit Master

Offset scope mount for 22 rifle

I have a Westernfield model M830 22 rifle with a Tasco 3x9x32 scope mounted. The problem is the scope needs to be moved rearward to get a good sight picture. It won't move back anymore due to the rear mount location. The rear mount is back as far as possible without interfering with the bolt and the scope turret is close to hitting the rear mount. Does anyone know of an offset mount that would work. It only has to move a few inches. Looking through the Brownell catalog, there is a company named Kwik- Mount that makes a 22 rifle rail mount, that with a little modification to the rear mount location, make work. A Weaver rail or Picatinny style rail ,I think would be the best option. Wal-Mart shows a 11mm to20mm dovetail Weaver Picatinny rail adaptor converter mount scope base online that looks possible. If I could get the rear mount back further , the scope can be moved back. Thanks for any help.
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    A few inches is a pretty long way. Are you using a 3/8" mount or the larger Weaver style?
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Weaver has a lot of one piece bases that can be easily modified for such problems. I use one that is
    intended for a H&R 22mg semi auto rifle on a lot of bolt 22s. It is the right radius for the recievers
    on most 22BAs. Bases are alumilum and easy to drill for screws or file clearence for ejection ports.
    Not familiar with your rifle but there is a big selection of these bases and one can be found to cover
    most situations. A good start would to be cross reference your rifle to find who made it and what
    rifle model it is under makers offerings. Numerich Arms has a good listing of cross references for
    house brands.

I don't know about your set up but Optics Planet has extension rings with integral bases that are up to 2 inches long.

Boolit Master

i used to put both rings in front of the adjustment dials instead of "front and back"

good luck!
    WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

Boolit Master

A scope with more eye relief will be easier to find IMHO

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WebMonkey View Post
    i used to put both rings in front of the adjustment dials instead of "front and back"

good luck!
    I thought about trying that, but wasn't sure if the scope would have proper support. Although a 22 probably doesn't have much recoil to warrant the need for front and rear support. Worth a try .
    Last edited by ubetcha; 10-21-2018 at 05:45 PM.
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    Weaver has a lot of one piece bases that can be easily modified for such problems. I use one that is
    intended for a H&R 22mg semi auto rifle on a lot of bolt 22s. It is the right radius for the recievers
    on most 22BAs. Bases are alumilum and easy to drill for screws or file clearence for ejection ports.
    Not familiar with your rifle but there is a big selection of these bases and one can be found to cover
    most situations. A good start would to be cross reference your rifle to find who made it and what
    rifle model it is under makers offerings. Numerich Arms has a good listing of cross references for
    house brands.
    I did cross reference this rifle on Numrich awhile back and it referenced to a Mossberg 340K.
    Life NRA member

Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    A scope with more eye relief will be easier to find IMHO
    That is an option i had not thought about. Worth considering. Thanks
    Life NRA member

Thomas Jefferson