Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Wideners
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who likes 22 Short?

Boolit Master

I like the .22 short it fun and you can squeeze a bunch into a tube feed gun.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    The Ruger Single Six I used to have was deadly with shorts. So much so, that a buddy once bought me a brick of them for my birthday. I still have a few boxes of them and my favorite fun store always has CCI in stock. I need to give them a try in the Henry.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    During the .22 ammo panic we scored some CCI short hv hp. They print a bit lower than the R-P but my Rem 581-S likes them.......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Activ shotshells, haven't seen those in ages. They were very popular back in the day, used to find them on the ground all the time during dove season.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    I have not seen .22 shorts, nor CB caps for years.

I would get some if I came across them. If only just for nostalgic reasons... Like to show my sons & grandboys.

Pretty cool that they are still available in some areas & some of you can get them easily enough.
    They have them in stock at both Mills Fleet Farm (I believe they have those in Minnesota) and Walmart. Also I believe that Dunham Sports has them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    When I grew into my first rifle (Rem 514) I was only able to afford .22 shorts. Usually Rem Kleanbore and I thought they were as accurate as any on the market. Shot numerous bricks of Kleanbore, winchester super x or wildcats, Peters and anything else I could find. Brick of Kleanbore in 1958 was $5 and I bought most of them at the grocery store. What happened to those days?
    In 1962 they were still about $.50 a box, and quite a bit cheaper than long rifle. They did good enough to pretty well destroy my hearing with my old H&R Sidekick.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Traffer View Post
    They have them in stock at both Mills Fleet Farm (I believe they have those in Minnesota) and Walmart. Also I believe that Dunham Sports has them.
    ThankS! I will check next time I am at either one. I go to FF more than Dunhams, but I may even be checking both this week.

Thanks for the tip!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234