WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sure wish I could post pics

Boolit Master

Sure wish I could post pics

Like many I’m suffering from a disability to post photos here since the change.

So me and my Cur pup treed 7 squirrel today, I was a good enough shot to bring five of them home. With my self built self camouflaged accurized 10/22 that I wrote up last fall.

3 grays and 2 fox ; one of the ones who got lucky was a black squirrel.

So opening day of small game season has always been a special day for me; a time to test gear, make sure my range time isn’t in vain and spend time in the woods with Kin and friends and a good dog! Counting my blessings which are abundant and sometimes I’m to much of a baby and a hot head to see that clearly.

Another observation that I don’t know if I’ve ever said out loud is that fox squirrel are way harder to skin in my humble opinion, with about 6000 squirrels skinned to make my observations.

Something else came to my sometimes slow mind: a well honed Buck 110 is very hard to beat for an all around hunting knife. I have knives that may look better; might even be sharper but Buck nailed this blade style and it’ll stay sharp a long time and you don’t need a fixed blade for small critters and birds. But the 110 takes no back seat as a deer/ elk knife either; ask me how I know.

Something else on my mind this wonderful day is ; the wound cavities created by a 22 lr cci mini mag should be the bar for every company selling self defense ammo. I’ve thought this for a long rime but the 22 is the king of killing out of its weight class.

It’s the first day of season I feel like taking a legal limit with all the leaf cover still on and mast crops being spotty at best from a dry year is a wonderful day afield with a young dog who was born on my kitchen floor last May.

So hit to miss ratio is a closely kept secret but I brought home 5 and missed 2 and never ran the mag dry on this delightful little 10/22.
    I wanted my daughter to go with me this morning but she had promised to go to her little brothers football game and I admire how she always keeps her word.
    Thanks for reading about my day and random thoughts.

Boolit Master
    Sounds like a good day.
    Some people live and learn but I mostly just live

Nagantguy,
    Sounds like you had a good time.
    Thanks for taking the time to post it.
    If you use Tapatalk on your phone it is easy to post pictures from your phone.
    Just hit the picture Icon at the bottom ,
    select the picture out of your photos and there you go.
    Here’s my Red Healer, Ruby showing me what she thinks about it.
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

Boolit Master
    Ditto those tough hidded fox squirrels! I'd rather skin 5 grays to 1 fox squirrels!

Fox squirrels are all we have here and I can skin a deer faster I think......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I learned years ago if a fox squirrel has a bigger 'nad sack than mine, leave 'em lay. Oppossum's gotta eat, too.

I also learned to wet the fur and split the hide in the middle. I save the back and rear legs only. Again, oppossum's gotta eat, too.

YMMV.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    nagantguy, only down side to the Buck 110 is that it can get blood etc. in the hinge etc. - I have one I've carried on and off since 1970 or 71. Not sure where it's at since the last move but have the backup handy I have to admit that I'll use a Mora fixed knife for skinning before the 110, if I have both available, it's just easier to clean. (Call it "efficient" or "lazy" as you see fit!)

For pictures from a computer, in the reply box (where you'll be typing if you send a message) - of the icons just above your text, you want to click the 2nd from last one, it looks sort of like a picture of a tree; it's marked "Insert Image" as an "Alt Text" (that shows when you hover the mouse cursor on it.) Click it and tell it where the image is.

Boolit Master
    I been carrying a buck 110 while deer hunting since 1974. Since then I have collected another 110, two 112, and a bunch of smaller buck folders.

The Moras are excellent plus knives for the money. I have an older carbon steel one and bought the stainless ones at gun shows for my family. I've had the Schrade version of the Buck for 42 years and it's as good as any custom knife I have.
    I got on TapaTalk and it's easy now to post pics even for a clod like me.

Boolit Master

If someone would be kind enough to post a pic for me I just spent half an hour trying to use tap to talk with no luck

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    nagantguy - Do you have it up somewhere on the web or would you email it to one of us or ???

PM sent.

Boolit Master

On received thank you message sent!

You done good, man. Fine mess of dumplin' makin's there. Don't lay your Ruger down, you might not find it!

Boolit Master
    Boy do those reds have big heads on them compared to our grays here on the east coast . Looks like you had a nice day .

Makes me want to take the Rem 510 and check the creek bottom around sundown.

Boolit Buddy
    Good job. we want to see that cur puppy.

Boolit Master

Mr. Texas By God thanks for posting my pic and the kind words! It was a wonderful day, and tonight after work I’ll try to take the dog out again

Boolit Master

Nice shooting! I've never seen a fox squirrel down this way. I think they have them down towards the coast.

Boolit Buddy
    I always wondered why you Americans hunted squirrels. Now I know. They are huge compared to the ones up here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast