Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: FOR SALE - Virtually NIB 1943 made H&R 999 Sportsman

FOR SALE - Virtually NIB 1943 made H&R 999 Sportsman

I have tussled with this for a week but I am going to sell this to gather the bucks toward a 99% American Arms (Crescent made) 32" F&F double. Here is the discussion thread: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...dilemma-for-me
    What makes this interesting collector's piece is that there is a growing interest in these kinds of guns because Colts, S&W's and High Standard handguns in the original box are being priced out of the market. These kinds of guns (H&R, Iver Johnson, Savage, etc.) are becoming quite collectible and comparatively affordable, particularly when virtually NEW IN THE BOX.
    Here is it: H&R 999 Sportsman 22. Adjustable sights. Virtually NEW IN THE BOX numbered to the gun. Made in 1943. The box is excellent and numbered to the gun. End label is excellent and is marked "H&R Sportsman and 6 inch 22 caliber Partridge sights, double action".
    I cannot say if it is UNFIRED but it sure looks like it to me. It is in remarkable condition for a gun 75 years old.
    The inside label is completely intact and just a bit oil stained. It shows the directions for loading, shooting, Cleaning, oiling and ammunition choices.
    The original anti rust paper is excellent. The brochure is complete and in excellent condition (a bit oil stained), and includes the 3 in 1 Oil back page (H&R promoted 3 in 1 Oil in those days). The target stocks are almost perfect.
    The 999 Sportsman was the top of the line handgun for H&R in those days. It is a quality made adjustable sight 22 S,L,LR gun and remarkable quality for a manufacturer that made guns that were mostly working guns sold in hardware stores and catalogs. This particular gun was in limited production during WW2 because of H&R wartime contracts.
    I would suggest this gun would be IMPOSSIBLE to upgrade. I doubt you will ever see another as nice and this one is virtually NIB.
    $595 and I'll pay shipping to your FFL. I'll ship in 2 separate boxes to protect the original box from any shipping wear and tear.
    I'm selling an impossible to find gun to buy an impossible to find gun. It hurts to sell a collector's piece but hey - I also hate to part with my own cash.
    Last edited by FISH4BUGS; 09-14-2018 at 01:42 PM.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

2. 09-14-2018, 02:14 PM
    Reason
    Conversation

Boolit Master

is this pistol a double action or single action....
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Quote Originally Posted by atr View Post
    is this pistol a double action or single action....
    Both.
    It is actually considered a target gun (9 shot with adjustable sights) and by all accounts (I have not fired this one nor would I) they are very accurate. I'd love to shoot it with 22 shorts but I'll leave that to someone else.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Buddy

Pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by thegatman View Post
    Pictures?
    I'd be happy to except the cat knocked my digital camera off the sideboard and snapped the lens right off the body. It is off for repair.
    If it is THAT important, I can borrow someone's digital camera and do my best.

7. 09-14-2018, 07:38 PM
    Reason
    Not a discussion thread

Courtesy bump.
    Last edited by ReloaderFred; 09-14-2018 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Response to Discussion

9. 09-14-2018, 09:38 PM
    Reason
    Not a discussion thread

10. 09-15-2018, 02:33 PM
    Reason
    discussion