RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bench primers Lee vs RCBS

Boolit Master
    Made the MISTAKE of first buying a Forester bench mount priming tool because of lower cost. Piece of junk and it went back in the box and back to Cabela's ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Paid the extra and bought the RCBS. Awesome! have used it for years and only once needed to lube a bit with some graphite powder.

The use of the Hornady tool to load the primer tubes is a good tip!!.

I'd vote for the RCBS!!!!!!!!!! Even at a higher price. Ya gets what ya pays for!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Banned

Got the extra money you get primer tubes. Since you only own the RCBS, I have two, get the Lee Auto Bench Prime, I have two, and see the huge advantage of a primer tray. I could be done priming 100 case while someone fumbles about with a tube.

Boolit Master

I have experience with the RCBS bench mounted unit, The Lee bench mounted unit and the Forster bench mounted unit. The RCBS is an excellent tool, but filling the tubes is a lot of extra drama - however it has excellent feel and you can run through the priming operation quickly. The Forster is well built and requires no extra shellholders be purchased - the tubes are even harder to fill than the RCBS unit though. It is fussy setting up the adjustable shellholder on the Forster - once you have it set up it does an excellent job. I find myself using the Lee most often.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

I don’t do high volume reloading, but I never had any problems loading the RCBS primer tubes. If speed and volume is your game, then I guess Dillion equipment is a great choice. For my rifle and revolver loading a single stage is all I need.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12