WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: My curse with Felix

My curse with Felix

I make Felix just fine. Just remelting it is my curse. I warmed it up on my magnetic hot plate, turned as brown as 50/50. (With I paid the $10 extra for temp. Control) warmed it in the microwave, melted thru the container I had it in. At the moment, pan or dip lubing is my only option.

Boolit Master

Felix lube is a soap lube. It is not going to remelt easily. It is turning dark because you are burning the bees wax in it.

Just break off a peice and roll it into a little crayon like snake. Then finger lube your bullets and run it through push through die.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Grand Master

You also might try a double boiler type set up. This provides a more even heating and controlled heat stopping the scorching. set a pan of water on the stove the container of felix in it and heat. Water level to just at or slightly below lube in container

Boolit Grand Master

I pan lube with SPG and have gone this route for it. I have a outer pan 11X13 x 2". I sit this pan in the burner of the stove 2 3/4 x 3/4 x 12 angle iron rails sit on the bottom this keeps the inner pan of the bottom allowing water to flow as it heats better. several 9 X 11 1 1/2 pans. These I stack the bullets in and lube these sit in the bigger pan on the rails. I then heat to molten lube and let go for 5-6 mins warming the bullets . turn off let cool to solid and cut bullets out with a cake cutter leaving the lube cake with holes intact for next use. This makes it easier to handle and keep bullets positioned.

I pan lube with Felix lube. I have a 6" cast iron pan that I heat on a camp stove. I turn the heat on until I get about 3/8-1/2" band of liquid around the edges of the pan...then turn off the heat. The cast iron is hot enough to continue the melt. Once its all liquid...I stand up my boolits and let it cool. then cookie cut them out. I just leave it this way until I'm ready to pan lube the next time.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

I will try the double boiler. once I make some more. may a very small batch.

Boolit Master
    Double boiler is the way to go. If you need to melt lube to pour into a lubrisizer, you can get a real one cheap at a thrift store.

induction hotplate is not good if you want fine control, just try boiling water with it and you'll see what I mean. Its either rolling boil or hardly anything that's why you burned it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

may have found another method. I have a little wax/chocolate melter. was melting down some 666+1 whole working on a new batch of felix. took a while but it melted.