Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2StainLess Steel MediaGraf & Sons
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Handloader #316 M1 Garand write up.

Boolit Master

Handloader #316 M1 Garand write up.

The title says it all.
    Leadmelter
    MI

Boolit Master
    Is there anything there we have not seen before? I cancelled both a while back.
    Tony

Boolit Master
    I cancelled both as well. They seemed to be getting more and more redundant.
    The good thing about science is that it's true no matter if you believe it or not. (Neil DeGrasse Tyson)

I was scolding my 5-year old for her and her friends making a giant mess in her room. She said they all did it. So I asked her: If all her friends jumped off a cliff, would she do it too? She said, "Oh no daddy! I would go to the bottom and try to catch them! They're my friends." Man, either I have a great kid or she has a stupid father.

Boolit Master
    I also canceled tbem, but because every article seemed to be selling the latest greatest plastic wonder. Nice to see they may be getting back to writing about something interesting. Thanks for the headsup, got a bookstore down the road.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Timing of that issue is great. A group of friends and I were having an M1 and Mauser day at the range in the morning and I was thinking "I really should reload for the M1" and I get home to find the issue of Handloader in the mailbox. Must be a sign!

I still subscribe to that magazine, and do mostly agree that it isn't what it once was. However, John Barsness' article on the M-1 Garand, was well researched (typical of his writing) and did indeed cover new ground.

I still take that magazine and it was a decent article, all though not much new ground for some already loading for the M1. They still publish some interesting articles, just not as many as they once did. Brian Peirce still does some really good articles and I enjoy reading his stuff even if it's a rehash.

Boolit Master
    If you're truly concerned about the quality of the articles, let editors know what you think. Most editors are interested in readers' comments.