Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handling grief

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    my prayers go out to you my friend.

Boolit Grand Master
    Good post Char-Gar. Wise words.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Still praying brother and as you know and continue to learn, it is day by day.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Grand Master

GoatWiskers, I have you in my prayers and Thoughts.

I lost my wife to a car accident in March 2002. PM me if you want to talk Ill give yo my phone number. Its still a struggle for me at times. While Im not any kind of therapist Im wiling t0 listen and talk. CG

Boolit Buddy

Goatwiskers,
    You are in my prayers. Hang on, and take comfort in the love of our lord and know that he will never give you more than you can take.

"If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew/ To serve your turn long after they are gone,/And so hold on when there is nothing in you/Except the will which says to them: 'Hold on!'" —Rudyard Kipling,
    "The Constitution should be taken like mountain whiskey -- undiluted and untaxed." - Sam Ervin

Quote Originally Posted by Goatwhiskers View Post
    Wag, you want funny, how about the time in one of the labs out at the vet school I was supposed to remove an ovary from a rat. Just as I made the first cut she made a sudden sharp intake of breath which made me jump. Needless to say I gutted the darn rat like a fish. GW
    I'm hoping you can keep that sense of humor. Nevertheless, there are still going to be times when something is going to break you up. Yesterday, I was watching a movie and it was bad enough, I couldn't even see the screen. I can't really explain it because it would take too many words.

By the same token, I love telling the funny stories about times we had. While it doesn't seem to be curative in an overall sense, there is, at least, a temporary relief and an enjoyment through reliving those moments.

I just take it day by day. It's all I can do.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Still praying daily . Love you brother .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    My 34 year old daughter took her own life October 29th 2020. Some holes just don't fill in, they leave scars, they leave so many questions. If we turn to God he does heal, but the scar is still there. God sees me through the bad days. I pray his blessings on you!

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    My 34 year old daughter took her own life October 29th 2020. Some holes just don't fill in, they leave scars, they leave so many questions. If we turn to God he does heal, but the scar is still there. God sees me through the bad days. I pray his blessings on you!
    Thunder, words cannot express my sadness for you. My own son has struggled with depression, and this is my greatest fear. May God's Grace continue to comfort you through what must be the most unimaginable pain. I struggle with faith at times, and your faith guiding you through the toughest of times is an inspiration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12