Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: fed ex ammo shipping. NO MORE

Boolit Master

fed ex ammo shipping. NO MORE

went to the fed ex TERMINAL to ship some 348 win ammo that i sold. was told that they no longer do that. i need to go on line and open an account and after that it will be picked up at my residence.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Is this a recent change? Or is it just the terminal and person you dealt with? I bought some loaded ammo a few weeks ago form a fellow - he shipped it to me from Yuma, AZ - I'm in Michigan. There was no issue with doing it.

Banned
    Could they show you the change in their regulations or did some guy/gal behind the counter just tell you that?

I've run across my share of anti-gun clerks that just want to make anything firearm related difficult.

I deal with UPS. Live out in the sticks about 5 miles from the nearest village. The UPS driver that delivers here told me either catch him in town or leave my package at the local cycle shop where he stops everyday. I have an online account and print my own labels. No problems.

Boolit Master
    Yep, happened after the San Antonio bombings.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The all want to have an account so they have a record of who you are etc. I think UPS requires it be processed through their corporate centers not the strip mall independent shipping locations. Possibly by having an account and printing own labels the requirements are being met? Allowing for home pickup, or pickup at more convenient location.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    Our local fedup has not accepted ammo for many years now. I believe it to be an anti gun employee thing as she told me that fedup never ships ammo, I had just received ammo from a retailer that was clearly marked as such so they were the first stop when I wanted to ship some ammo. I then went to an oops store and was told I could only ship it from one of their "hubs". So I went to the hub and they let me ship it but I needed the proper hazmat label and they needed to see an ID.
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

Boolit Master
    Doubt it is anti-gun more likely just doesnt know.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DCM View Post
    So I went to the hub and they let me ship it but I needed the proper hazmat label and they needed to see an ID.
    It wasn’t a hazmat label. If you truly needed a hazmat label you wouldn’t have been able to ship it. What they required was an ORM-D label. This has been required for a long time. And any ammo you receive from a retailer has an ORM-D label on the box.

Shipping from a hub has a been requirement for a long time as well. UPS stores have been a no go for a lot of items. This information is on their website. Not the easiest to navigate but it’s there.

Boolit Master
    Fedex and UPS both will ship loaded ammo with the proper labeling. At least in NY.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    It wasn’t a hazmat label. If you truly needed a hazmat label you wouldn’t have been able to ship it. What they required was an ORM-D label. This has been required for a long time. And any ammo you receive from a retailer has an ORM-D label on the box.

Shipping from a hub has a been requirement for a long time as well. UPS stores have been a no go for a lot of items. This information is on their website. Not the easiest to navigate but it’s there.
    /\ So that makes more sense. Based on the OP's report, his local FedEx terminal has been violating their own regulations for years and just woke up.