Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where’s the best prices for primers

Where’s the best prices for primers

If this is in the wrong spot move it please,

I noticed the other day primers at the closest reloading shop were 40-45/1000. Can this be beat online? Does anyone have any good sources? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

If you are not ordering a bunch go to grafs.com only $10 hazard fee and try https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/

Moderator Emeritus

I moved your thread to a better section.

The Wolf's Den always has good primer pricing
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy

Every now and then Midway USA runs certain brands with no hazmat fee but you have to spend $120.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    my local gun store has them for $32 per 1000. so it isn't worth ordering on line.

Boolit Master
    Where are you located, someone may know of a source nearby. I recently moved to KY from WI and noticed component prices here are higher. In WI there were local gun shows several times a year and primers (CCI) were $30/K so I would stock up. Local LGS priced were $35/K. Going home in November for several weeks and hope to hit a show and stock up.

Boolit Buddy
    I typically buy online. Local prices are crazy. I just have to purchase in bulk to offset the hazmat fee or wait for free hazmat deal.

Boolit Grand Master

I buy most of my powder and primers from Powder Valley. I'll get some buddies together and we'll buy the maximum amount (I think 50#)that will ship in one box. That adds about 50cents to the unit price.

Boolit Master

Grafs has Fiocchi primers (all types) for under $300 per 12,000. The hazmat fee is $10 and the shipping is about $8. These are good primers in my experience.

Boolit Grand Master

Where’s the best prices for primers

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    Grafs has Fiocchi primers (all types) for under $300 per 12,000. The hazmat fee is $10 and the shipping is about $8. These are good primers in my experience.
    This is the best deal going at the moment. Of course they don’t have the one size I need to stock up on. And make sure they’re not the lead free version. The price is a dead giveaway. They’re advertising the lead free version as having a fifteen year shelf life. I had a feeling these new formulations would have a limited shelf life. At least Fiocchi is telling you up front.

Banned
    It would help to know where you are located and what primers you are looking for

IF there is a Cabelas near you, go to https://www.raise.com/buy-cabela-s-gift-cards

And buy gift cards (CURRENTLY13.7% OFF FACE VALUE)

they have Sellier & Bellot Primers – Bricks for 27.99

I’m looking for cci 500 small pistol primers, and I’m in north east corner of the Texas panhandle nearest 2 places that keep good stock of reloading stuff are in either pampa or Amarillo1-2hours out. I’d try other small pistol primers but the S&B ones I have I’m having some trouble with them being a little to hard in a few of the 9mms we’ve tried em in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I use a lot of small rifle primers in pistol calibers. Work up your loads per normal safe practices.

I got cci 550 SPMs and cci 350 LPMs at Sportmans Warehouse but they were $37 /1000 before tax but I got 2000 each where no one else local had them in carton lots or singles cheaper. Probably could have got them online for the same total but time is money.

Boolit Master
    Check Midsouth, they sent me a pm advertising free hazmat. Grafs had primers on sale several months back at 20.00 a thousand.
    jim

Boolit Buddy
    If you buy 5,000 or more at a time that can be beat by a long shot. Lately i have been buying primed pull down brass from reloading valley at a really good price. That is always a option.

Online works. Best if you can put in a bulk order. The more you buy the more you dilute the shipping and hazmat fee. Sometimes takes some planning to build up a list of powder and primers to buy, as well as putting the cash together for a large purchase in one shot can be a bit of a problem sometimes. But if you can include 8# jug of powder or more plus 5k brick of primers even with the hazmat fee & shipping you can save some money.

I have not had much luck getting a group buy on components but that would really help cut the amount of hazmat and shipping added to each pound of powder and thousand box of primers. Not to mention some items such as large rifle primers you may only need a couple thousand where someone else can take the other 3k and you get savings buying the 5k bulk pack.

Less problem now but it can also be a hassle to get ALL the powders you want in stock in size jug you want at the same time. Powder Valley and Grafs have gotten my business and been good sources. Midsouth shooters also but not as often. Lot of that had to do with who had what I wanted in one shot.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Online works. Best if you can put in a bulk order. The more you buy the more you dilute the shipping and hazmat fee. Sometimes takes some planning to build up a list of powder and primers to buy, as well as putting the cash together for a large purchase in one shot can be a bit of a problem sometimes. But if you can include 8# jug of powder or more plus 5k brick of primers even with the hazmat fee & shipping you can save some money.

I have not had much luck getting a group buy on components but that would really help cut the amount of hazmat and shipping added to each pound of powder and thousand box of primers.
    It can be a challenge! Kind of like herding cats! It seems like I've always been the one to ramrod the deal. You find out what everyone wants. Then find out if its available. Then you check and adjust. Finally you get to place the order. Then you get to pay for it, sort out everyones order, and collect. It can be a hassle. But you can get the prices down to where a pound of powder or a brick of primers only has maybe 50 cents added on for shipping. Powder Valley will ship powder and primers together and up to 50 pounds. The savings can be worth the effort.

Boolit Master
    I recently bought a case of CCI 500 primers from Grafs for $155. 5000 primers, $31 per box of 1000 primers. Even if Hazmat is $25, thats only $36 per 1000.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast