RepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: Lyman Customer Service

Boolit Buddy

Thumbs up Lyman Customer Service

I recently sent a note to Lyman about a #22 shellholder with a broken rim. They sent me a new one, no questions asked! They live up to their promise. Thanks Lyman!

Boolit Master

good to hear you have had better luck with them than i did.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm with Lefty. Everything faulty/broken from normal use I have called them for has cost me $$. Certainly not in the league of RCBS or Dillon.

Here's hoping they have seen the benefits of better customer service.

RichardB

Banned
    I think its really hit or miss with who you talk with.

I've pretty much given up on Lyman products until I see a big change.

in my opinion, they have basically screwed themselves with terrible quality control, Feeble warranty and poor customer service.

They used to be right up there with RCBS now ..................

RCBS is first rate. I wonder if at some companies, it is the the luck of the draw on who answers your phone call. Definitely not an excuse, but could be true.

Boolit Master
    I called to buy new O rings for my 450 and sizing dies. I could tell the woman on the other end of the line did not know what I was talking about. Finally got her to acknowledge the number of each I wanted and paid. Received O rings 1/16" in cross section. These need to be 1/8" in cross section. Gave up and bought an O ring making kit.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

I can't speak of Lyman's customer service but just last week I ruined the o ring on my RCBS LAMII. I called them the next day and asked if they had any to purchase (since I did it accidentally). The gentleman said he would send two out in the mail that day. Free of charge!! I had even admitted to accidentally gouging the old one on the threads trying to start them. They showed up a few days later free of charge including free shipping.

Boolit Master
    I have had the same experience with both companies, Lyman not so good and RCBS stellar.

Boolit Master
    That's a shame Lyman should be the first name you think of when you think of loading and casting bullets , but I have heard so much over the past few years that I kinda avoid buying New Lyman molds . Just considering how RCBS is looked at compared to Lyman , Lyman could and should be able to stand toe to toe with RCBS , but they seem to not try .

Boolit Buddy
    I had great customer service when I called Lyman. My old lube and sizer finally broke after 35 years of use. I told them the handle broke at the linkage pins and they said they no longer make that part but have a new and improved handle assembly. The parts were fairly cheap $$ and came quickly. Now my lube sizer looks just like the new ones and is better. The female at the other end of the phone in customer was very knowledgeable on retrieval of my information. I give them a 4 star in customer service.

Boolit Master
    I've never had a problem with Lyman customer service.I've used Lyman products since the 50's and only had one occasion to use customer service and that was with a Chinese made electronic thermometer.They took care of the problem at no cost to me.I've has numerous occasions to use RCBS customer service.They are very good.Considering the reaction to comments about Lee products I will not comment.