Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: Pistol sling

Boolit Master

Pistol sling

With help from my friends here I’ve outfitted my contender pistol with a sling; both to carry and stabilize across the back and shoulders while shooting; it’s fast and after todays range trip I can see it’s almost as accurate as from a sand bag rest. I have a barrel band on the way from a great member here for my new 14 inch 7-30 waters barrel. I know I’m not the first cat to use this method ; any of you use a sling to stabilize for shooting the contender or encore pistol? It seems to me it’s equally up to the task for spot and stalk; drives , just Woods loafing and stand hunting, and no sticks to carry or one of those big pods. I tend to move around a lot hunt diffrent counties and states and like to be moblie . I know my two main deer hunting barrels are capable at 200 yards but I’m not always up to holding a pistol steady at 200+. So I feel this sling is a great tool.

Boolit Master
    I use a sling on my Contender, but I attach it to the rear of the gun. I don't want anything touching my barrel other than the forend and certainly wouldn't want to put any downward pressure on the forend or barrel when shooting as the POI would cetainly be affected. I brace against the sling around my neck to steady and if I have my sticks with will rest the gun in the cradle just ahead of the trigger spur.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sling.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	227010

Boolit Master

Sound advice; I use a two point sling ; seems comfortable for walking and easily goes round the back for climbing and still is fast into action and fairly stable. I have a stud now on my pacmyer forend which attaches to a hanger bar; at 50 yards I haven’t noticed any shifts in POA /POI. And I imagine one would have to put some serious torque on it to effect it through the hanger bar, and I’m not using much force like a military loop sling just snug across the back when in firing position.
    A really great member here did give me a once in a life time smoking deal on a barrel band; I couldn’t get it to fit snug on the super 14 barrel but all isn’t lost as it’s a perfect fit on the magazine tube of my daughters lever action and works wonderful with the laced on shell holder/ but pad/ sling attachment on the stock!

Boolit Master
    I too use a sling assy. Mine uses the barrel clamp/stud, and the Pachmyer grip with the sling stud. All my barrels are equipped with the bands, and so are all my frames.