WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I Think We Are Ready For Hurricane Florence. Wish Us Luck

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    That is funny right there. The Beaufort, SC evac was canceled so the wife and I are going back up to Beaufort today. She is a nurse so has to work Thursday. CG called off the military evac so we have to be back at work. My house is about 200 yards from the water, and not very high up. I’ve got a kayak, snorkel, and life jackets ready lol.
    Good to hear. I grew up maybe 70 miles inland in S.C. and know what they can do. Wife and I were visiting CHarleston just a week or so before Hugo hit, missed that one but saw some of the aftermath.

My son still has a house by Camp Lejeune. He should have sold it off as soon as he got out of the Marine Corps, but didn't. The family that is living in it fled, so that's the most important thing, but right now, I hope it either leaves it unscathed or destroys it totally and let's his home owners insurance total it out.

People freak out that I live in tornado alley and I guess it scares some, but there's no way I'll ever live again in hurricane territory. It's not a question of "if" just when and how bad.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm directly in the extended path. I have water and food to last, but age has denied me the ability to prepare further. That's what I pay for ins for. If I survive, I'll file and if I don't it won't matter. At this point, I just use my faith to get by.
    We were also in Hugo's path and as a younger man, thought it was just one of life's adventures. I cooked everything in the frig and freezer and fed the neighbors. I boiled a pot of water and a daily cup of coffee to them. They have since repaid me many times over.
    I do have three tanks of propain and a big grill, a generator w/fuel, and three fueled vehicles that are always on standby.
    Last edited by mold maker; 09-12-2018 at 09:18 AM.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Mold
    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

IIRC I was stuck in Victoria when Carla hit, wasn't even on the weather in KC. Yes, tornadoes, earthquakes too. Coast used to be pretty sparse in the old days, now the people want to be near the shore. Not me. Anyway, prayers for you guys in the path and the evacs. Here comes more high rate insurance and national debt.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Well it looks like the wind threat is now "typical" at worst.

Inland flooding is going to be bad.

For me, I spent today at home knowing that it may be my last day for a while with normal power.

No real additional prep needs, so I spent much of the day casting, coating & loading.

When I use my ASBB HF red in my garage, pre-warming is needed when humid. It was a pretyy easy call - hurricane rain bands do count as humid. I tried a consistent 135°F prewarm before coating. Coating was actually too thick. Next time I will try 120 °F.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    i will say that when Isabelle came through here it was barely a tropical storm. i will never be anywhere near a hurricane by chose .if i have to sleep in my car i will be a few hundred miles away. i will say my generator goes about 4 hrs per gallon. its not very big only 3500 watts but does all i want.

Stay safe and prayers for all of you during the Hurricane.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234