Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingWideners
Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2

Thread: WTS Tru Line set

WTS Tru Line set

I offer an old but still good Lyman Tru Line turret press with .45ACP dies and a restorable #55 measure thrown in. $60 shipped lower48. First "I'll take it" here and then a timely PM applies. No Paypal.
    Thanks for looking,
    Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I'll take this, PM to follow

Seconds if it falls through.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Spf to TrooperDan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I have always thought that one of these would make a good addition to my RCBS single stage presses for loading things like 45's and 38/357's. Do those of you that use one find it easier to perform each step in a row on one round or perform the same step on each round and then advance and start over?

Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    I have always thought that one of these would make a good addition to my RCBS single stage presses for loading things like 45's and 38/357's. Do those of you that use one find it easier to perform each step in a row on one round or perform the same step on each round and then advance and start over?
    I have been using them for 50 plus years. I now have two set up for 38 Special and 45 ACP. I use them like a single stage press that you don't have to change dies.

The one is the picture is the 2nd. Gen with compound linkage. They can full length resize handgun ammo but not rifle ammo. The measure is an early one without the adjusting screws. You have move the slides by hand, but once they are set, they are set. I love to buy old rusted stuff and bring it back to life. Both the press and measure have many years of life left in them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006 (480x640).jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	226983   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003 (480x640).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	226984  
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the info... I never seem to be in the right place at the right time for that kind of bargain gear. I have thought many times how nice it would be to have a press like this set up for one caliber and one caliber only. For me it would be 38's and likely 45's as well. Those use the little tru-line dies, does anyone make a head that fits standard dies?

Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    Thanks for the info... I never seem to be in the right place at the right time for that kind of bargain gear. I have thought many times how nice it would be to have a press like this set up for one caliber and one caliber only. For me it would be 38's and likely 45's as well. Those use the little tru-line dies, does anyone make a head that fits standard dies?
    Yes, somebody makes an aftermarket die head, but I have never seen the purpose. The limitations are in the design of the press and linkage and not size of die threads. Tru-Line Jr dies work quite well and are available on Ebay and other places.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.