RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackboxWideners
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: Rock Auto

Boolit Grand Master

Rock Auto

Lots of shooters and also car guys.
    I was always glad to see the rock auto ad in The American Rifleman every month.
    I noticed in the last few issues, their ad was no where to be found.
    Are they jumping on the Anti-NRA band wagon?????
    I sent the a email asking for an explanation.
    I urge everyone to do the same.
    We need to make our voices heard.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    boy you can't beat the prices bought ac core for granddaughters car $35 at rock and cheapest at local auto parts was $160. thats a lot of difference.

Boolit Master

I've done business with them 3 times. They have good products with low prices and reasonable shipping. Happy customer!
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master
    Why do you automatically assume that they're going anti gun just because they are not advertising in an NRA magazine right now? There's a thousand reasons why they might have stopped advertising there.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Advertising in the magazines is not cheap. Probably several thousand a month for a big ad. With the internet, lots cheaper to spread the ads around there.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by am44mag View Post
    Why do you automatically assume that they're going anti gun just because they are not advertising in an NRA magazine right now? There's a thousand reasons why they might have stopped advertising there.
    Exactly....don't jump to conclusions and assume the worst. Nike never ever advertised in the American Rifleman.
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

I don't know anything about their political leanings, but I've bought several thousand dollars worth of parts from them and always got my money's worth along with fast service. The only time I received a wrong part they made it right ASAP! I can't ask for more.

Boolit Grand Master
    That's why I sent them a email asking what's going on.
    With all these business jumping on the band wagon. It wouldn't be out of the realm to think they have joined.
    I hope it's not true.
    They have good prices for quality parts.
    Even with the extra shipping, it's still cheaper than what I can get here.
    Don't forget what yetti coolers did. Then they came out with some lame excuse. Haven't seen them change.
    It's great to see "dick's" falling on their face.
    I hope they go belly up soon.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    That's why I sent them a email asking what's going on.
    With all these business jumping on the band wagon. It wouldn't be out of the realm to think they have joined.
    I hope it's not true.
    They have good prices for quality parts.
    Even with the extra shipping, it's still cheaper than what I can get here.
    Don't forget what yetti coolers did. Then they came out with some lame excuse. Haven't seen them change.
    It's great to see "dick's" falling on their face.
    I hope they go belly up soon.
    It's also entirely possible that they might not be concerned with politics period. Just because they advertised in an NRA magazine doesn't mean they are pro gun and just because they stopped doesn't mean they are antigun. They are in the business to make money, nothing else. Advertising in any magazine will get their name out there, it doesn't matter what it's for.

I doubt you will get the reply you are wanting. If I was in their position, even with me being extremely pro gun, I wouldn't answer that question in any definitive way. I'm not going to pick a side just to make some political statement that's only going to alienate a chunk of my customers. I'm going to keep my politics to myself and sell you stuff.

The companies that do open their big mouths and inserts their foot like Dicks did can choke and die on it.

Boolit Grand Master

Something to also consider when sales are down advertising goes up to draw customers and get back to level of sales they want. when sales are up and they are swamped advertising goes down. Also once a solid customer base is reached advertising goes down some because word of mouth is the best advertising

Banned
    I don't know about Rock Auto's politics but they do sell parts at good prices.

Boolit Grand Master
    Haven't got a reply yet.
    Don't really expect one.
    yetti said they are just redoing their promotions.
    They claim they support 2A.
    i wonder if it's true, or just more BS.