RepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: T5=de÷ee÷÷÷××

T5=de÷ee÷÷÷××

What do some of you use to clean and condition your leather bags?
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not
    "Thomas Jefferson"

It really depends on what type of leather the bag is made of, what condition it's in, and what color the leather is.
    I don't think that there's one product that's perfect for every kind of leather.

I would treat a hard, thick top-grain leather bag with a different type of product than if it were a soft supple leather
    bag that only needed a cleaning.

The premium neatsfoot oil products can darken leather unless it's black to start with, but will greatly soften hard leather.
    Then there are other conditioners that are very gentle that are more like a cream or a lotion that would be safer, but perhaps
    not as much of a preservative or softening agent.

Also it depends on if you want to try to waterproof your bag or not.
    Some products (even neetsfoot oils) have more or less waxes like beeswax added to help waterproof an item.
    And since some people hunt wearing their bags, they will want to be careful about what the bag will smell like after using a product.
    Since I can't see your bag or predict the results, I hesitate to recommend a product.
    My bag is a type of suede leather so I haven't ever treated mine, but have treated other leather items.
    However I myself would never use mink oil.

The trick with using neatsfoot is to wipe it on and off quickly with a treated and then a dry rag, to not let it over-saturate the leather.
    You can always add more, but adding more than you need is undesirable unless the leather is very old, hard and dry.
    Be sure to read as many user reviews as possible to learn about a product's advantages and disadvantages.
    Below are neatsfoot oil products, which are not the same as creams or lotions.

Fiebing's 100% Pure Neatsfoot Oil--->>> https://www.amazon.com/Fiebings-100-...er+conditioner

Obenauf's Leather Oil--->>> https://www.amazon.com/Obenaufs-Leat...er+conditioner

If you want a cream or lotion, Amazon has more leather conditioners than you can shake a stick at:--->> https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...er+conditioner
    Last edited by arcticap; 09-11-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Saddle soap to clean, & Vasiline to condition. Tired of mildew!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

neatsfoot oil to clean, then i rub 'n buff in some gato feo bullet lube.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I like them to look a bit funky personally. If you are going to clean leather, saddle soap, followed up with Lexol.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Lexol is good stuff and they also make a Lexol pH Leather Cleaner which is probably just saddle soap. This was highly recommended when I bought my leather couch. I also use it on all of my leather holsters.

Boolit Grand Master

A little bear oil now and again.

Boolit Master

I use Carl Dyers Original Moccasins conditioner. The stuff does go bad and really stinks, so you need a fresh supply every couple of years. Really good stuff!

Boolit Master
    Pecard's on all my leather stuff. Found it from a guy who refurbishes old stiff leather stuff at the Smithsonian.

Saddle soap to clean and Feibigs Aussie leather conditioner to make it supple and refurbished.
    "This is America !!, where many have fought and died for our right
    to celebrate our views with inflatable creatures in our yards ......."