MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: WTS: Contender barrels and handgun scopes

Boolit Master

WTS: Contender barrels and handgun scopes

The last two barrels - #4 and #5 - will only be available until I take them to the local gun show this weekend. Speak up now, if you want either!!!

I have 5 Contender barrels, and 5 handgun scopes for sale. Prices do not
    include shipping, but flat rate box usually works the best. First "I'll take
    it" wins! Please follow up with a PM to work out the details.
    USPS money order, PayPal +3% or Paypal family option.

All barrels are in excellent condition, with sharp clean rifling. The only marks being the normal rubs from the frame.
    Without further ado...

1. 6 1/2" .45 ACP barrel. Barely used. Blued, with standard sights and TCA Logo. This was
    a special collectible offering from the Thompson Center Association.
    Add it to your collection for $225!
    Sold to Preacher Jim and shipped

2. 10" 32-20 Winchester, $175 (500 brass available to the purchaser for additional cost) Sold to Dpmsman and shipped

3. 10" .357 Maximum, $175 (300 brass available to the purchaser for additional cost) Sold to Mr_Sheesh and shipped

4. 10" 7mm TCU, $150 (325 fireformed brass available to the purchaser for additional cost)

5. 10" 30-30 Winchester, with scope mount and rings. One of the scope mounting holes has been drilled and tapped larger to fix a formerly stripped hole. $175

6. 2x-7x Burris handgun scope, like new with box $175SPF to jem102

7. 5x Burris handgun scope, with adjustable objective $125 Sold to Dpmsman and shipped

8. 7x Burris handgun scope, with adjustable objective $150SPF to wdr2

9. 7x Burris handgun scope, with adjustable objective $150SPF to jem102

10. 1.5x-4x Tasco $40SPF to jem102

Thanks for looking!!

Don
    Attachment 226842
    Attachment 226843
    Attachment 226844
    Attachment 226845
    Last edited by obssd1958; 09-27-2018 at 08:24 AM. Reason: update sold items

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master

Can you reach the rifling with a bullet in #4 and not have the bullet fall out? Really like the idea of the TCU cabliber, but they cut the chambers so long that one could not get the right length. Still have dies and brass, but might be interested.

Boolit Buddy
    I’ll take the 32-20 Winchester barrel and the 5x Burris

Boolit Buddy
    Please put me back up to Dpmsman in case he can't consummate on the 32-20 barrel.
    Bob

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    Can you reach the rifling with a bullet in #4 and not have the bullet fall out? Really like the idea of the TCU cabliber, but they cut the chambers so long that one could not get the right length. Still have dies and brass, but might be interested.
    Matt,
    I'm not sure that I understand the question, but the RCBS 145gr silhouette or Saeco 145gr. bullet, seated out to 2.465, is the max length in this barrel, without hitting the lands. Both have all of the lube grooves still in the case at that length.

Attachment 226885
    Last edited by obssd1958; 09-09-2018 at 07:24 PM. Reason: added picture

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    Back to the top - don't miss out!!

Super Moderator Emeritus
    I will take #1 it will be later before I can PM I am doing a funeral today.
    funds sent.
    Last edited by Preacher Jim; 09-11-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by obssd1958 View Post
    Matt,
    I'm not sure that I understand the question, but the RCBS 145gr silhouette or Saeco 145gr. bullet, seated out to 2.465, is the max length in this barrel, without hitting the lands. Both have all of the lube grooves still in the case at that length.

Attachment 226885
    I have had 6mm and 7mm TCU factory barrels that I could not really set the bullets out far enough to reach the rifling. It was purely TC QC issues. Someday, I would love a good carbine barrel in either of the calibers. But, a 41 mag or 357 mag carbine barrel is on the top of my list.

That 45 acp barrel would be fun. I had the 6.5" 9mm TCA barrel for awhile and traded it for a 10mm at one point.

Boolit Master

I'll take the 45cal barrel,I'm inbound.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master
    List has been updated.
    Still some wonderful barrels and great handgun scopes available!!

Boolit Master
    I won't have internet connectivity starting mid day, the 15th, until the 23rd. Feel free to still reply to this post, but know that I won't see it for a week!
    Thanks!!

Boolit Master
    Back up to the top!!

Boolit Master
    Re: 7mm TCU barrel ---

In addition to the brass, I also have a Bonanza neck sizing die and 2 complete FL die sets for the 7mm TCU, that we could negotiate on for a package deal. PM me for pictures or details!!

Boolit Master
    I still have these two barrels for sale, and they will only be available until I take them to the local gun show, this weekend!!

4. 10" 7mm TCU, $150 (325 fireformed brass available to the purchaser for additional cost)

5. 10" 30-30 Winchester, with scope mount and rings. One of the scope mounting holes has been drilled and tapped larger to fix a formerly stripped hole. $175