Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brother called, extremely freaked out.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    If you have never been in a particular spot where you feel all nature is telling you to leave NOW, you can't understand that feeling. If you have, it is easily recognizable.
    It sure is. I believe we have at least a limited ability to sense danger in some forms.
    Once when I was 9 or 10 my entire skin crawled and my hair stood up. I turned around to see a really creepy looking guy staring at me. Made a quick exit for sure!
    Years later the same feeling hit me during a hike in the woods and I looked behind me to find a bear, staring at me like it couldn't decide whether to kill me or just let me have a heart attack and die on my own. It just stood there and I backed away slowly as I'd been taught. I picked up the pace as soon as he was out of sight.
    Both times I didn't hear or smell anything.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    I have my own experiences as well...

Not sharing. Don't need the BS.

I believe all who have shared. Odd things happen. Some believe it can happen & some don;t...

I find it "interesting" that there is not more folks coming in here & "tin foil hatting" the whole topic. They seem to like doing it elsewhere...

'Cept #8. I expected that...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

As a child, I grew up on the Navajo Indian Reservation. My old man used to tell me stories about skin walkers. I never could figure out why: We were white and I was and still am, white as the driven snow. During the ten years we were there, I never saw any such things.

When I was about 12, I read the book, "Chariots of the Gods." It made me want to see UFO's but I never did see any and never could really get why other people did. At some point, I read about a theory of mass hypnosis for this and similar things.

Same thing with life after death stories. I never encountered anyone who had had such a thing happen to them but it could be that they might have thought I might think them nutz or something. Personally, I don't believe there is a life after this one but I don't disparage others who do.

What I absolutely DO believe is that we as human beings don't know a whole lot that there is to know. There are, without a doubt, a LOT of phenomena that we don't understand and I, for one, sure don't. I try to stay open-minded about most new things that come my way and I don't try to explain them if there is no explanation and I don't dismiss them, either.

The right answer to such things is, most of the time, "Who knows?" We should all believe what we wish, no harm, no foul.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Moderator Emeritus

My favorite catfish spot one night around 2AM... we hear a loud scream, a super loud splash like a body hitting the water. The sounds were just upstream where there is a railroad bridge. Then it was followed by this weird shouting... we packed fast and left. We had to drive by the bridge and there was nobody there. Talked t a few people and a guy with the railroad says a husband and wife had a fight and he tossed her form the bridge to drown then he went berserk screaming and yelling then he jumped. This happened 100 years before we we there on that same day of the year. From then on that day we picked another spot to fish!

Boolit Master
    And that my friends is why I never stare at a game animal, I believe they will sense you!

I've gotten the hebe jebes a few times, but I believe the human mind can play real tricks on us as well. I've seen fox fire, I've also seen a shadow person, my wife has seen ball lighting, and a UFO, I've seen silent v shaped craft, o, sorry it was town lights shining off duck bellies. Just because we can't explain it, don't mean there's not one. I've also had the moon wake me from a dead sleep tent camping, shining so bright I would have swear it was a spot light at the time.

Friend told me of a time in Az camping. His dog set up a real howling at a spot of light on the ground, growing and shrinking. Few years ago I saw one, bout blinded me. Drove a ways and saw the focused light shaft passing through a donut shaped cloud. It was on TV that eve. Our senses are more sensitive than we think.
    Whatever!

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I worked at a place that had a motion tripped cameras that shot IR , standard and radiographic something , and the ability to overlay them in the software .
    There was a place on the facility that the system would lock up on a point . Move the platform 3-4' and it stopped I was presumed that it was tripping on a stop sign in the wind .
    One particularly muggy night , odd in the desert , it locked up on that spot . It was well past where it would trip on the sign .......never mind it was all but dead calm . Security was basically bored and playing with the various settings and combinations of them . 22 min of video with the IR overlayed on the radio-something showed what appeared to be a circa 1935 Marine in outline . Pack , rifle and a dog . Ordinarily it could be written off as an oddity of heat exchange and air density from a steam leak or some such ...... Only this had been shut down for a year or so . Pretty well normalized by then .
    12 min in a supervisor arrived to check it out . The dispatch talked him around until he was right at whatever they were seeing . You could clearly see the bright hot man walk right behind the phenomenon and be blacked out by it . So then they had him step forward . His hands came out and and you could see him key his radio . He reported his arms were cold and his leg flashed hot and cold . No heat , no water , no power at the solid conrete building .

I've always been aware of things , sometimes more acutely than others .
    Animals "show" themselves more freely to me ....... There are places where I really connect ........other times my guts turn .
    I'd like to sit real quietly in some of the winter encampments pre-1780 .....
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    It's just Lori, me and the cat here, but we've heard the kitchen cabinets close at odd hours of the night. When her son lived here he was with the P D swat team, and he's heard it too. When we bought new appliances the noises stopped, but after I had my second cancer surgery and several very close brushes with death I have noticed a shadow figure in the hallway. The cat has seen it a time or two, a few times it was enough to make her go hide in the closet or under the bed.

As stated earlier, we don't know everything. I was a skeptic for most of my life. One time Lori came to stay a weekend with me in Eufaula and said she heard someone whistling in the living room. I didn't, but both my late wife and her mother passed away in the house. So who knows? My late MIL laid there in the bed and asked who were all of the pretty little children at the foot of the bed. Ten minutes later she was deceased.

I suspect we've seen more than we are comfortable telling about.
    Last edited by Tom W.; 09-11-2018 at 12:00 AM.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

ThomR what area in what state did this happen in, if you don't mind. If you do, just ignore this post.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Buddy
    Edwards county IL, near the Bennington township.

I’ve know the feeling of “get out of here now” several times, fortunately I did and never did find out why, don’t really care to know!
    Scariest thing I never saw, I was 12-13 and out in the woods with a friend, heard the most God awful noise, sounded like a woman being raped, still makes my hair stand up thinking about it. My dad swears it was a screech owl, I’ve never found that sound on any animal listings I’ve listened to.
    For years we had a shadow in the house, it’d show up across the living room wall time to time, my buddies saw it once in a while and my pet Wolf acted funny when it was around. When my wife got pregnant he’d stand vigil at our door at night, freaked me out at first, but became comfortable with him. My wife even felt him beside her side of the bed at night sometimes. The further along she got, the clearer he became, at the end he looked like Col Sanders in a Confederate uniform, full regalia. Then “poof”, he was gone! Four weeks later my son was born and we’ve never seen him since.
    There’s a lot of things I can’t explain and it’s probably best that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Moderator Emeritus

My house is one of the first built in my town. And it was the midwives house from day one... there is a huge ledger up at the city office listing all the deaths and births... I have never seen anything but my cats have freaked out multiple times over nothing I can see... and there are sometimes oddball noises on calm days... I ignore it... after living here 35 years whatever ghosts are here know me by now!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    15 years ago had all 4 of my cats over at the girlfriends', they lined up together (they did this whenever a strange cat wanted to attack one of them, kitty solidarity) and stared down something that was "in the wall" coming from the spare bedroom or something? It was a weird thing to see, they were not looking friendly at all at whatever it was, looking at 5-6 feet height. Weird... Year or so later I was told that the complex was built on an old Indian burial ground. Dogs and cats are all more sensitive than we humans are. Not sure what happened there, but it sure was not normal behavior for those 4! Think that was before we got the Service Dog for the GF, don't remember him as being there anyways. He would have been right in its' face, I imagine! I know it felt quite weird / hostile to me, not something I want near me.

Boolit Master

I have known about the passing of close blood relatives before it happened or before I was told of their passing.

Frankly it scares the BEJEEUS out of me.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    I have known about the passing of close blood relatives before it happened or before I was told of their passing.

Frankly it scares the BEJEEUS out of me.
    I’ve heard several renditions of this, a phone call, a “visit”, a conversation with the deceased, after they passed. To hear them tell it, it’s hard to doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12