Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ppu brass

Boolit Master
    I honestly think that a lot of stuff sells just because the right person came along at the right time. Maybe nobody was looking for .300 Win Mag during the time that ad ran. Who knows? I've noticed that some of the commercial vendors on Gun Broker will run a specific item for a time, and then let that auction expire. After a time (30 days or whatever) they will relist it until it eventually sells.

Like others have said, I use and will continue to use PPU brass with complete satisfaction.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Brass sales are just slow right now. The brass that I have recently purchased has been at a 2-4 cent apiece price shipped. I have done several purchases by the pound, .50 a pound over what the scrap yard is paying. Just a lot of brass on the market right now so its not bringing what it was. I made these purchases out of convenience not as a real need. I get most of mine from the range. Better economy = more people shooting and more brass being left at the range. The only brass that I am picky about is FC. The webb in the bottom of some of those cases are thin compared to other brass. It is also very inconsistent in water volume. They have fixed this in some of there newer brass and I will buy any with a date stamp on it(223/308 mainly).

It is truly sad in this day and age, that one cannot make a measly $37.00 selling free brass.

What is the world coming to?
    Last edited by oldscool; 09-09-2018 at 12:14 AM.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    All I use is "range brass". I've used PPU in a variety of calibers and have always found it to be good brass. I think a lot of prejudice, if there is prejudice, against PPU is fostered by posts. Let's face it, you can have issues with any brand of brass. I also wonder if those who have had issues with PPU have used "new" PPU rass or range brass back-ups. It can be claimed as 1 X fired, but if it is "picked up", who really knows.

I have no issues with it and have purchased it a number of times from members here. In fact, I FL sized 180 or so 308 Winchester PPU casings yesterday - no issues and all looks good to me.

Boolit Grand Master

Everyone recognizes brands like Federal, Remington, Winchester and Norma. The lesser known brands may be just as good or maybe even better but it is going to take some time for them to make a place for theirselves.

Like I posted and Time Killer said, components are plentiful right now. In the last year I have sold 458 Winchester, 264 Winchester, 444 Marlin and 350 Remington Magnum brass. And some reloading tool and dies that came from the same source. I did some research and priced them to sell.

Like most other brass rats I have a lot of stuff that I don't load for and a lot more stuff like 9mm, 40 S&W and 223 that I'll probably never use up. I joined Cast Boolits sister site "Ammo Brass Traders" and have swapped off some of the brass that I can't use. Its a small site without a lot of activity but I have made several swaps with members there.

Sell as range pickups..... who knows what headstamps there are? Just sayin

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    I used most of them all over the last 37 years. Fed, Wi, Rem, Star, Pmc, Horn, 3-D, Blk hills, and over the last 5 years PPU. So far no problens with PPU, in ANY respect. I still remember the first time I ordered aught six PPU brass from Graf's, pleasantly surprised when it arrived and could see the annealing tail tell color on all the necks.

Banned

Isn't PPU the same ammo and brass as the Hansen stuff that stopped being made in the '90s when the whole thing blew up in Yugoslavia? I shot some of that Hansen stuff up in my Mosin and SMLE, then reloaded the brass a BUNCH of times with no problems.

Haven't put any PPU to serious test, but have used some in .303 Savage and 7mm Mauser and it seems to work just fine, in fact, in the case of the 7x57, it's held up better than Federal brass has.

Rich: I could be wrong but I believe that PPU brass and ammunition is Serbian built. It's always worked well for me. Gp

I'm with gpidaho.

I got my first PPU when I was looking for reasonable ammo for my pair of Mosin's.

Ran across a sale one day and realised that if I discounted the cost of the brass from the box of loaded ammo It was only costing me 14 cents for the powder and bullet.

Since then those PPU brass have worked just fine for me. So when I found a sale on PPU empty brass at a reasonable price I bought more.

In fact PPU is one of my prefered ammo companys. I have yet to have a problem with anything they make.

But, I don't shoot .300 mags either.

My prefered choices, PPU, Winchester, Starline, Federal in no particular order.
    All have worked well for me assuming I do my part right. YMMV

In Remembrance

Post #5, post #20.......+1!!! Since our Canadian CIL excellent quality brass is no more, replaced by questionable IVI, PPU has become a faithful equivalent. My only gripe with it so far is that those cartridges based on the .308/.30-06 head/rim size often need the 6.5 Swede #3 shellholder in the press or priming tool, but they function fine in the gun. I buy Starline and PPU new empty brass by choice over FedRemWin, and who can even afford the CDN$ price of Hornady or Lapua?
    Life Member NRA.
    Member: RWVA.http://www.appleseedinfo.org/smf/
    Member: WRSA http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/
    Founder: Guns of the Golden West (Show group).
    Founder: Nosehills Gun Club.
    Founder: IPSC in Alberta.
    Retired from Instructing, and just about everything else!

Boolit Buddy
    I was thinking if you should run across some 7mm 08 brass put it up for sale here and see how long it lasts. You have to be lucky and quick to get a deal on 7mm08 brass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12