MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ppu brass

Boolit Master

Ppu brass

Could someone tell me what is wrong with PPU brass? I tried to sell some once fired PPU .300 Winchester brass on this forum but no one was interested. In the sale I also offered WW, RP and FC, so maybe belted cases don't sell well, no matter the head stamp.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    A lot of people think there's something wrong with it because it's less expensive, either as component cases or factory ammo. Other people have read on websites that it's **** and want to believe it, even though you can come across such posts about any brand of brass if you look long enough.

My only personal experience is with 6.5x55. I FL resize every time, anneal and trim when needed, and have routinely gotten 12-15 loadings before a neck cracks. I used it because someone was good enough to leave it on the ground at the range and some of the other scavengers passed over it because it was an odd cartridge. Brass sales in general seem to be slow. I'm assuming your price was reasonable.

Boolit Master

its good brass. either snob factor or lack of knowledge make it a red headed step child.

I have only used in .38spl and .357 mag, but I haven’t had any problems. Some of the .38’s have over 20 reloadings.

I use it in 7.62 X 39mm and it is good brass. Their factory loadings in that caliber is also good ammo. Far better then that cheap Russian ammo that everybody likes to shoot in their AKs and SKS rifles.

Boolit Master
    Use it in my 223 and 45-70 good as any other brass.

Super Moderator

I've been using it in 30-30 and 7.62x54R. I have had no problems with any of it...I give it a thumbs up.

Nothing wrong with it, but I usually set it aside for trading.

I have no problems with PPU brass. I've bought several hundred cases of 303 Brit and 7.62X54R new from Grafs. Better than Winchester. Might just be that Win Mag wasn't needed by those that looked at the offer. Not a common cast bullet round. Gp

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    I use it when I have it. Seems to work ok.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master

PPU is my second brass of choice for 32acp. I have quite a bit in 30/30 and have not problems with it. But, don't need the caliber you listed.

Boolit Grand Master

I’ve used PPU brass without issue. Now Amerc goes straight in the trash. I’ve had way too many issues with it.

Boolit Master

I love my PPU brass and have three or four years of reloading with it for my Mosin. I buy a new box of ammo every few years to add to my stash. What I've noticed is price drives sales. If its priced correctly it will sell in about 5 minutes.

Boolit Grand Master

I don't think it the head stamp. Components are plentiful right now and it seems as though brass sales are slow.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    I don't think it the head stamp. Components are plentiful right now and it seems as though brass sales are slow.
    I agree, to an extent. PPU/NNY is something of an oddball for many. I use it in 7.62x54R, and have no complaints. I actually like it better than Winchester brass.

Boolit Master
    I haven't had any problems with it.I have it in several calibers.I use Starline and PPU brass for the most part.

Boolit Master
    I have used it in several calibers and it has always performed well for me. Why not list that brass closer to hunting time. Your luck may change.

Boolit Master
    In answer to questions posed by my post. I offered 154 once fired cases in 300 Winchester Mag. I started at $60 shipped. No response so I lowered the price to $50, no response so I gave up. Two days ago 74 cases of same caliber different head stamp were offered by another member $30 shipped and it sold in 10 minutes. The cases I offered were, WW, R-P and FC with 71 PPU. The amount of cases I wanted to sell would require a MFR box and that is now about $13. It just isn't worth the trouble. The range master gave me this brass the last time I went shooting. I won't bother to bring it home next time. It has been my experience that the only brass people want to buy are the cases with a rim. Rant over and thanks for replying.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Buddy
    I am set on 300 win brass for the time being. I would not give up on the brass not selling, give some time and repost it someone at some point will need it.
    Last edited by redriverhunter; 09-08-2018 at 08:33 PM.

I prefer PPU brass to all domestic brass based on quality. It's like poor man's Norma or Lapua. Selling brass is a right place/ right time thing IME.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast