Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingPBcastco
WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: concept for a push thru luber

concept for a push thru luber

basically, two lee push thru sizers, one over the boolit you want to size but still able to hold and the dia. sizing die, a piece of pipe or brass nipple over the boolit to act as a guild from the lead sizer to the final sizer, a small rod to clean out the sizers and a metal body to act as a lube reservoir. it would attach to a standard loading press.
    drilling a hole or cutting slits in the pipe or nipple for lube to make connect with the boolit. yes, the nose and bases will get lube on them.
    main parts minus the rod. (the pipe in the pic is too short but is the right sizer to tap for the dies)

how the parts line up in

mock up

have some thinks I found online that I hope will work that did not cost that much.

Boolit Master

cigarman made an adapter for the layman 4500 lube/sizer that turned it into a push thru sizer. if you paused at the right spot you could add the lube and then finish pushing thru.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

It would take a little figuring where the right spot would be. May change my concept a little. Trying to do the project with what you can find at local hardware stores and a below average work shop. Makes it hard but not impossible.

Boolit Master
    Get a Star!!

Quote Originally Posted by MT Chambers View Post
    Get a Star!!
    if I had the extra $500 I would, if I had $150 maybe a used lyman or rcbs luber.

hum, 90% of the stuff I am using is from my shops junk draw, a lee sizer that I had not use for (wrong size and did not realize it until the return period was over) I. order joint inserts that have the right threading 12 to 13 for two and a 12in aluminum tube to be the body.

not trying to reinvent the wheel. just come up with idea with what I have.

Not to discourage you but you are expending a lot of energy and money to re invent an inferior product. Get a Star on the high end or pan lube then push through size on the low end. I prefer the pan lube/push through system as I paper patch some bullets for certain applications but lubricate and size the same bullet for other applications/rifles. Doing so gives me a bullet of the proper size and greased only where it needs to be or completely with out grease as needed.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Vendor Sponsor

I think Dan Cash is giving you good advice.

First, spend time (not much) learning how to pan lube with out using Kake Cutters and you are half way there. Order the right size LEE push through IF you even need a sizer. Often a given bullet design will shoot well unsized from the mold.

Pan lubing should be quick, easy, and with zero mess. People make it too hard. It does not have to be.
    Chill Wills