Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Wideners

Thread: Uberti Nevada question?

Boolit Master

Uberti Nevada question?

I was at a hockshop yesterday and saw what looked like an ordinary Uberti 1873 Colt clone. The tag on it said it was their "Nevada" model and it was chambered in .30 US. It looked brand new. The barrel was also stamped .30 US. I originally thought 30-40 Krag, but the cylinder was not long enough. The holes in the front of the cylinder did look like .30 caliber. I figured it was .30 Carbine. The guy behind the counter did not know anything about it (he was not their regular gun guy). I have looked at several places (starting with UbertiUSA) and have not found any mention of it.

Does anyone here know anything about it? Unfortunately, it has fixed sights.

Days without a reply. I almost hate to post this, because it's just a long shot, but I have an 1873 clone made by Armi Jager that is a Nevada. Nice revolver. Brass grip frame, smooth walnut grips, color case frame, could easily be mistaken for a Uberti if viewed in a case and not handled. I shot a very large rattler with it once.

Boolit Master
    It did have a brass frame. I will try to get back to it and hopefully, the gun guy will be there. It was labeled Uberti Nevada on the tag, but I did not see anything other than .30US stamped on the gun (on one side). Yes, it was in the glass gun case.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Days without a reply. I almost hate to post this, because it's just a long shot, but I have an 1873 clone made by Armi Jager that is a Nevada. Nice revolver. Brass grip frame, smooth walnut grips, color case frame, could easily be mistaken for a Uberti if viewed in a case and not handled. I shot a very large rattler with it once.
    What is the caliber of your Nevada....30 Carbine ?
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Negative. It is a 5 1/2" barrel .45 L.C. I also have a 7 1/2" .45 with adjustable sights, and a 4 3/4" .44-40. However, I think that they did make a .30 carbine model, but wouldn't take an oath that they did. I'm pretty sure that they also made a .44 Mag.The .45 L.C. 7 1/2" barrel and the .44-40 are not marked "Nevada". The .44-40 is so accurate that I let the dealer who sold it to me shoot it, and he was so impressed he ordered one for himself. It is just absolutely dead on with factory ammo. The 5 1/2" is also very accurate, but oddly the 7 1/2 barrel with adjustable sights is just "O.K.".

You don't run across too many Armi Jager revolvers anymore. I read up on their history a few years ago (easily Googled) and if I recall correctly they were the first to make replica 1873s and export them via EMF in So. Cal. The owner of the company in Italy was said to have gone out of business due to a lack of skilled workers, which left the market open for Uberti and Armi San Marco. I would have to give the nod to Uberti for overall fit and finishing, but on a scale of 1 - 10 if Uberti is a 9 then the Armi Jager guns are an 8 -- still pretty good. I've read just a very few reviews of them over the years,and they said that they stood up well to hard use in Cowboy Action matches and general usage. If I ran across another in excellent mechanical condition I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

Boolit Master
    Went back today. The word "Uberti" does not appear anywhere on the gun even though it looks and feels like one. The left side of the barrel has "30US" stamped on it. Opening up the gate looked like a .30 Cal Carbine chamber. The "gun guy" was still not there, so I could not confirm it. The right side of the barrel was stamped "Liberty Arms Mod Nevada". It also showed the gun had been stored for a LONG time without much care. There were about a dozen or so rust spots on that side. Small, but deep. The other side did not show them. The front sides of the barrel showed bluing loss along with the same on the front corners of the frame and cylinder. The barrel is 7-1/2", case colored frame, and brass grip. The action appears to operate properly, but I did not fire it. The inside of the barrel was a little dirty, but no rust was visible. Unfortunately, the fixed (small) sights are a deal breaker for me. I am going to pass. If anyone wants the name and number of the hockshop, PM me. Asking price was $400.

Boolit Mold
    The “Liberty Arms” Nevada model appears to b an Armi Jager Model 21 (?) revolver and there’s one on ArmsList fo sale listed in 30 Carbine cal. Quite an interesting firearm.