RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: ZPV Reamers

Boolit Bub

ZPV Reamers

I'm getting ready to chamber a rifle barrel in 308 Win, and I'm in the process of getting supplies ready. I noticed that ZPV in Serbia is selling chamber reamers on Ebay, and I haven't been able to find any reviews on line.

Have any of you bought and used any of their reamers? I'd appriciate any comments from anyone that has used them.

GG

Boolit Master
    I would go with Clymer or Manson reamers.I just checked Ebay.Price isn't bad at all.Might be worth trying.I noticed the 8x57 made to CIP specs.It has a lot of freebore.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    I would buy clymer before a reamer I do not know is saami spec. I prefer Manson reamers but most of mine are match reamers, I have used clymer many times. A clymer can be sold an much of your money recovered.
    There is the option of renting one if you are not going to use it several times.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Jim View Post
    A clymer can be sold an much of your money recovered.
    There is the option of renting one if you are not going to use it several times.
    I have done this and it's the only way I would go for a reamer I didn't need to keep, the last one I got (22WMR) sold on Ebay for almost as much as I paid new for it. Including shipping when I bought it and Ebay fees when sold getting to use a brand new reamer cost me a grand total of $11 and some change!

It's interesting to save popular reamers in your Ebay "Watch List" and see what they eventually sell for, I have seen more than one go for more than a person could have gotten it new from Midway and a LOT more go for within just a very few dollars less than new. Watching the price of used ones and what they sell for gave me the idea to just buy it new, keep it as long as I wanted and then get almost all of my money back.
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot

Boolit Bub
    I really appreciate the advice of everyone that replied to my thread. If anyone has used a ZPV reamer, I'd still like to hear from you. Thanks guys.

GG

Boolit Master
    I often thought of getting one to try out. They must be half decent or the negative reports would be swirling around them!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Ghost View Post
    I really appreciate the advice of everyone that replied to my thread. If anyone has used a ZPV reamer, I'd still like to hear from you. Thanks guys.

GG
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    About Us
    Since 1994. company Z.P.V. PROIZVODNJA is known as manufactures of small arms, rifle and pistol barrels, military equipment and specialized gun tools. Dedicated to the quality of our products we are recognized as a top quality bend. Also, we design and develop prototypes for ours and other companies needs. At Z.P.V PROIZVODNJA, we make it our mission to be the best manufacturing partner an OEM could have.

From their about us page . The company is old enough to drink and looks like a civil war survivor. Of course slovic geography from memory isn't my strong suite so take that war thing with a teaspoon of rain water in the tropics.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Bub
    Thanks, Herters. That helps, I may just give them a go and post a follow-up after I try one out.

GG