RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: too much stuff for my little reloading room (storage area too)

too much stuff for my little reloading room (storage area too)

I was working on moving my 5 press' to one table once I got done start organizing the supplies. once I got every thing where I wanted I looked at it. it was more cramped then the corner I was in at first. moved a small shelf I have my saw to cut 223 down to 300bo. put my powders and boolits and j words on it. that is when I realized I have accumulated a lot more then I thought I have.
    mounted one press upside down for sizing

next project is to redo my old reloading corner and make it in to lube make station. I have to put a new counter down there. my cat decided one day to knock a bowl of tumble media over and use it as litter. not just 2 or 3 lbs of walnut media trashed but the counter smelled awful. soaked into the wood. guess I know what my weekend project going to be.

Boolit Master
    i can understand your problem. to solve this is very simple. You have to eliminate useless space in Your home. The kitchen is the first Thing to go . think about it You can go out to eat , save money on Useless food.. there are many ways to save. think about It
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master

Atleast your not in a closet like me. I am stuck in 4foot by 4 foot walk in closet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    You're lucky to have the space you have. I have to make due with a closet for storage of my components and for my reloading table I had to drill some holes into the top of my Upholstery machine table to mount my press.

I guess we all make due with what the good Lord gives us.

HollowPoint

Banned
    A coat of shellac will cover the urine odor. I would bleach the surface first then see how bad it really is

Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    A coat of shellac will cover the urine odor. I would bleach the surface first then see how bad it really is
    I put baking soda over it worst area. may give that a shot. it is not the work of putting a new top on. space a narrow as well as the stairs and hall way going to it. I get a hf work bench and put it up there.

Boolit Buddy
    Reading these kinds of posts makes me so happy that I got my basement when i was getting my little rancher build. I even paid extra to have tall ceiling in my basement as in extra layer of cinder blocks so I dont bang my head on things since I'm 6'6". I have about 7' tall basement with 8x4 table made of solid old door that is my reloading table. 3 presses, powder drop, vice and I still have room left. That doesnt include my similar 8x4 table for electric/electronic/computer projects.

I can live without a garage but i do love my man cave in my basement and i couldnt live without it.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by corey012778 View Post
    I put baking soda over it worst area. may give that a shot. it is not the work of putting a new top on. space a narrow as well as the stairs and hall way going to it. I get a hf work bench and put it up there.
    You can also try borax

Wood and floor people will tell you odor will never be completely eradicated especially from fibrous wood .
    Believe them.
    Replace bench top now and move on, and put litter box in corner for feline helper.
    You'll both be happier.

replacement is the only option. the top is partial board. cutting areas that was not near the effected area. only 20mins in had to stop because of the smell.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    when my MIL moved out of her apartment I built her, she had fallen, broke her hip, and had to go to nursing home, my wife said" why don't you move your reloading setup into that apartment?" NOW, I have running water, bathroom with a commode and shower, and a full kitchen!!!!!! IN THE RELOADING ROOM!!!!! Sure beats the 14x24 building I had before!
    AC and heat for climate control. Took about 21 years to get there, but boy, is it nice!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Quote Originally Posted by Budzilla 19 View Post
    when my MIL moved out of her apartment I built her, she had fallen, broke her hip, and had to go to nursing home, my wife said" why don't you move your reloading setup into that apartment?" NOW, I have running water, bathroom with a commode and shower, and a full kitchen!!!!!! IN THE RELOADING ROOM!!!!! Sure beats the 14x24 building I had before!
    AC and heat for climate control. Took about 21 years to get there, but boy, is it nice!
    and a place to stay when the wife is mad?

Boolit Master

My dream reloading room is a loft above a 5 car garage with a dumb waiter to move my lead up and down.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

I guess I am truly blessed with 2 areas . One in the house and a 12 x 16 outside..
    Out building, complete with wall oven for PC
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002z.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	226800Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001z.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	226801
    In my office
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0010.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	226802

just work in progress. the desk looks bad.

the set up for now on all my stuff until I get that little area fixed. going to rip out all that shelving and put up something else.

Pretty spoiled here but then,I built the house?

Small bedroom that we used as a nursery when the boys (4) were in a crib.Then they all got their own BR's upstairs..... BAM,got me a killer reloading room. It's a corner room so have two windows, woohoo.

But reason for post; need to make a pigeon hole style storage unit to go from bench top to bttm of hanging cab above.Get a little more clutter up off top.It is a constant battle of forces,horizontal space=clutter.We have a huge shop (3k ft) and it gets proven every day. Eventually you have to deal with it,big or small.Best way I've found is going vertical.

Corey, your area reminds me of my old setup in the attic of my previous house. Now I have half of a huge finished basement. Started out as a kid in the corner of my bedroom and when first married a big closet in an apartment.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    i finally got the kid and grandkids moved out so i have a room all to myself fore reloading. built a 3ft x 8ft loading bench thinking i would never need more room than that. well then started casting and loading shot shells and a few new items and its cramped again.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by corey012778 View Post
    replacement is the only option. the top is partial board. cutting areas that was not near the effected area. only 20mins in had to stop because of the smell.
    Try putting a number of coats of sander sealer on top when you replace it. It will make it tougher and resistant to oil and water. Gives it a pleasant honey brown color.

still have not ripped it out yet. going to a bigger pain then I thought. just to get that out I will have to rip out all the shelving. can't find how anything is attached to the wall. already put one hole in the wall when I with to removed the top.

masking the smell for the moment. worst thing is. darn cat found away past the folding door I put up to keep him out. already was at it again. these time I had to throw a hand full of brass .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast