MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I wonder how lee warranties the old cheap presses ?

Boolit Grand Master

Heres how I would keep it running. First glue the ear back in place to hold it in location. drill the hole thru the bench. cut a piece of pip close to the radius above the ear. notch one end to fit around the ear and the other angled from level to 1/4" under the top surface, A long bolt and big washer ( may take a smaller ne also to cover hoe in big washer) and bolt down with high side of pipe away from press. The glued ear will stop rock on down stroke. Te pope and washers act as a strap clamp and lock the press down securely.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MyFlatline View Post
    Why did you buy that mold from Lee and not RCBS or Dillon? The cost. So with that out of the way, what Lee offers to so many, on non life time items, I consider that pretty dang good.
    But the first time I used it?

Quote Originally Posted by scotner View Post
    So you've never bought a new Item before that was defective right out of the box? I know I have.
    While working maintenance I have taken expensive electronic machine controls from the parts shelf that were defective more times than I care to think. And these are parts for a production machine that is costing the company money because of down time. Not just inconveniencing me by having to replace the part twice.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    So you've never bought a new Item before that was defective right out of the box?
    Yes, but I would expect the manufacturer to repair/replace a brand new item that was defective out of the box. By the way, I worked industrial maintenence in a large manufacturing plant for 38 years so I have installed and replaced my share of parts too. The biggest problem was when you needed an obsolete part.

Yes, worked in food plant where everything was constantly wet from wash down, always replacing PLC's, motors, wires, bearings, gearboxes.

I have a Lee Auto Drum measure that's been back to Lee 3 times and never had a problem with their service. And for what I paid for this measure I certainly am not going to complain.

On the other hand I just ordered something from Midway USA and received a wrong item. Contacted them last Friday and still haven't received a response for a credit and return.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Same happened to me. I guess ya need to start casting 1 at a time from the hinge end. Learning experience. Haven’t contacted them about it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I have had good dealings with Lee since the mid 80s , when I break something they have always made it right by me - not quite a no question asked free for life but within reason at a reasonable price . Usually I'm the problem when I break something I tell them I broke it and except the consequence pay them and thank them .

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by fiberoptik View Post
    Same happened to me. I guess ya need to start casting 1 at a time from the hinge end.
    I may have to try that whenever the parts show up.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Didn’t help me that I waited too long to cut sprues either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I had better luck when I contacted them. I was using a brand new 6 cavity mold for the first time when the sprue cutter lever broke. I needed the lever plus the wood handle since it broke off even with the end of the handle. Technically the parts were free but they charged me over $6 for shipping. I NEVER paid shipping, handling or had to return broken parts to RCBS or Dillon. Also never had to provide a purchase receipt to those companies.
    There is something about Lee replacement parts that bites people from time to time. Lee will provide and ship the replacement part for free BUT if you make any other purchase in same order the computer puts the shipping on because of the "regular" order. Add a rubber O ring to the replacement part being shipped for free and you now have standard shipping for the whole package going out. Can be a real expensive "oops" if what is being shipped is a bulky heavy press that would have shipped free as warranty replacement except for the shell holder you ordered at the same time.

I had a trim die where the O ring wore out so the case wasn't being held tightly. Contacted Titan to order another because I figured O ring was a "wear" part. Titan replied to my email and sent copy to Lee to indicate when I had purchased the die and that I needed a part they couldn't get. Lee contacted me to explain they don't use that O ring style die anymore so they were sending me a new trim die of the current type. No charge, no shipping. However I was aware that adding anything to that would have nixed the free shipping.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12