Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: Hi-Point 10mm Carbine

Hi-Point 10mm Carbine

Anybody on here shoot one of the these? KYGunCo has them on sale, and at that price, I may just have to try one. Normally, it’s a brand that I wouldn’t buy, but my Dad has had a lot of fun with his 45acp HiPoint, and it shoots cast very well.

I started with the .40sw Hipoint Carbine. Slapped a 60$ Red Dot sight on it and discovered the fun.

My wife wanted one that did not recoil so much so a 9mm and then a second 9mm was added. Eventually my shooting buddy talked me out of the second 9mm. Which is fine.

After a couple of years I had a hankering for the .45acp model. I have the dies, the molds, and a big box of brass. No reason not to.

Well in many respects this .45 is my favorite of them all.

10mm really does not turn my crank a whole lot, neither does the .380.

But hey, if your interested, jump on it. Can't beat em in my opinion.

Ugly as sin, but reliable as heck.

All of mine shoot nothing but cast and shoot it pretty well.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm thinking the other way around. Maybe I'm wrong but 10mm should have flatter trajectory and better range and if you reload shouldnt cost much more then 45acp which drops quite a bit from what I've seen when shot from high point or any other gun really. For plinking around I'm sure 9mm is a blast. Nothing to look at but they all look like fun rifles for target practice.

I'd be interested if the 10mm would feed & function with .40 S&W ammo if needed. That would be neat if it did.

Boolit Master
    I think Tim over at the military arms channel did a review on one. I have been debating one or waiting on the ruger one that takes glock mags to go with my G20.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Considering how nice my .45 HiPoint carbine works, I am seriously thinking about a 10mm version too. But I do think that the .380 Carbine would be pretty neat as well.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a .40 S&W carbine, and its a fun gun to shoot, with my reddot on it. They also have an excellent warranty program. I have thoughts about aqiureing a .45 ACP carbine.

Dave

Boolit Master

I have to say the 380 and the 10mm look entertaining. I have the PX4 Storm in 45 and enjoy it and one of the really old Mech-Tech 1911 carbines in 40, it is super accurate.

Boolit Master

I've got the 9mm. Bought it to consume all the free 9mm brass I pickup. It shoots great with cast, fun on steel at the range, the kids like it. I know they are workable, but the stock trigger is pretty mushy. Mine might just need more breakin, but the magazine is a bit hard to seat and the bolt a bit stiff to work. It's fairly heavy for what it is and doesn't seem to carry well for me around the farm. I also don't like the springy twang it makes with every shot. All said, I do think they are a great value for the money. If I had a nice supply of 10mm brass, it'd be a fun caliber, but probably wouldn't want to buy brass to feed when there is so much other pistol brass laying about.

Thanks for the reviews, they all pretty much what my Dad said about his 45. I have plenty of 10mm brass since I have a G20 and a 1911 in 10mm. It’s one of my favorite calibers to reload for. Guess I’ll hit up my FFL on Monday after the fun show this weekend.

Boolit Buddy

My oldest son gave me a Kal-Tec carbin in 40 S&W. You need to know that I'm a dinosaur. I do not own a platform gun in any thing. Everything I own is old. Like me. The first time I fired the K-T, I told the friend I was with, "****! ! I have to get one of these!!!" Except for the sights, I rate this little gun top notch. In the beginning, I thought that I would have to change it to 45acp, but now I believe I will just to play with the 40 for a while... I just met a chap who tells me that he can help with sights. If not , I can get something else to point with. I felt that it is more like the Remington nylon 66 with a bigger hole in the barrel. Not in design but in just being a fun dependable firearm...

Thanks son.

Boolit Master
    I wonder how much does that long barrel work to quiet down the little .380 cartridge. It would seem to be like having a built in silencer of a sorts with it.

I answered my own question, it sounds like a .22 subsonic round when firing 380's out of the carbine. Making it pretty quiet then.
    https://www.ammoland.com/2016/08/hi-...#axzz5QSPtETR2
    Last edited by Earlwb; 09-07-2018 at 06:25 PM. Reason: add more info

Well you have me rethinking that one now.

Don't have dies, brass, not sure if any of my molds would work.

Quiet? Hmmm, no recoil to speak of. Wife would love it.

I'll have to think about it. Tempting though. Add another Hipoint to the collection. Get another caliber to play with.

Boolit Master
    I have one of these carbines I took out the front and rear sights and mounted a Ultra Dot snappy little thing shot a few hundred through it put more oil on it and kept shooting. Not the most accurate but I have a Kriss vector and that gun is money in the accuracy department. But the most accurate carbine I have is a little MGM Barrel on a G2 it is a tack driver.

But anyhow the little carbine is fun and good little gun for them price point.