Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart screw up

Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    So your saying if you perceive me to be rich, that makes it alright to steal from me? After all, it's not hurting anyone, right?

Where do we hear this kind of reasoning?
    Exactly what was stolen? There was a price on the box, he paid that price. Not like you're taking money out of anyone's pocket. Like I said, if this was an individual owned store I might be more inclined to point out the mistake. But, again, nothing here was stolen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do the best you can, with what you've got, where you're at. -Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master
    Not judging you, but it would be stealing for ME to do this to anyone, big box or otherwise!

Boolit Master

Paying for something that is mismarked lower and is known to you to be mismarked lower is dishonest no matter where you make the purchase. It's kind of like only telling part of the truth and not the whole truth. If I had done that when I was a kid my dad would have made me take it back and explain and pay the full price.
    Ken
    Last edited by skeet1; 09-06-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Boolit Master

Now I am feeling a bit Guilty. But I can't do anything about it now. I'll just perform another Mitzvah.
    And if the ammo turns out to be ****ty, It's only fair.

I'm just glad the REMINGTON target .22lr still performs better then I can shoot anymore in my old RUGER Target MK II.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    I am of the thinking that the concept of "Karma" exists. It is included in every "real" religion" in the world. "What goes around, Comes around"/ "Good brings good, Bad brings bad" type of thinking.
    As well as the "Golden Rule", being, "Do onto others as you would have done to you."..

So, I try to be as honest in my dealings with people, regardless of the situation. That is "me".

I think, had I been in that situation, that after telling them or showing them the ad with the different price & they offered to sell at the lower marked price, I would have bought the amount I originally went in to buy & not "all I could get", so I would be leaving some for others, or allowing them to correct the mistake they made.

If the mistake had been the other way around with the advertisement marked at $47.00 & the cost in the store at $74.00 then situation is reversed & then that "turnaround" would have to be considered by the store & the buyer both as well.

The "rule of life" I use & mentioned in the 1st paragraph of this post would still apply for "me" for both situations. For others... "YMMV" I reckon..

If you are comfortable with your dealings, then good for you. I hope they shoot great for ya!
    Hear Hear!
    Edit: Just to set the record straight. I have many times taken advantage in situations like this. I do agree with JBinMn though. And I am glad for his post. The next time it happens I will do it right.
    Last edited by Traffer; 09-06-2018 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    You don't feel just a little guilty?

Are you serious ? ?

Walmart, HomeCheapo, Lowe's, etc have virtually put many local business' (gunshops, pharmacies, grocers, for a few) OUT of business just about everywhere they build a retail store.

How ?

By the greed of "folks" for the lower pricing (than the little guy's).

This Summer, my local WalMart raised the prices of most of their meds 200% - after they reduced the number of local pharmacies from over 50 to a baker's dozen or so - not counting a few of the other giant pharmacies (CVS, Walgreen's, Rite-Aid, etc).

There needs to be some pushback !

Last edited by pietro; 09-06-2018 at 04:04 PM.
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

He paid the price that was on the box. If the register (computer) rang up the same price, well that's the correct price! That last box could have been the price of the last shipment. Prices do go up.

Boolit Grand Master

A couple years ago an older lady came into my shop carrying a like new Stevens Visable loader rifle. Case clolors were sharp the gun like new. "I need to sell this my husband died." "Ok what do you want for it?" "Well he gave 24 dollars for it when he bought it in WWI, is it worth $50.00?" I know plenty of places where she would have been given the $50 she asked for and hustled out the door, she got 70% of current blue book, well over the 50 dollars.

I just hope the poor clod who marked the shells wrong didn't get docked for HIS mistake. I guess I am just too soft headed.

Boolit Master

Years ago, there was a big box Dick's type place here(not Dick's, can't even remember the name) that did something similar. Shotshell primers were going for $20 per thousand, but they also sold the sleeves of 100 for $2. Somebody put the $2 price tag on the outside of the whole case. I never figured anyone could be that dumb, so I assumed it would ring up correctly. When the teenage cashier just rang up $2,. I said "you know, why don't you ring up 4 more of those. That's a pretty good price.". She did, and I went back and grabbed 4 more, waved to her that I had them as I left the store, and never looked back. And I didn't feel guilty at all. That place was notorious for crappy customer service, so payback was, as they say...

Boolit Master
    Wow, just wow! I wouldn't have slept if I'd done that.

Since you can't just throw ammo in with the groceries, I don't buy ammo at Walmart. Since the price of ammo was politically inflated years ago, I really don't feel too bad that you got a great deal on 22 ammo. Honesty and dishonesty live within every single human being. To deny this fact is futile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    Wow, just wow! I wouldn't have slept if I'd done that.
    I wouldn’t either I’d be at the range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by KCSO View Post
    Sorry I can't agree, honesty would insist that you at least mention the mismarking.
    You cannot "mismark" a UPC. Walmart scans everything. "That" Walmart store didn't decide that the rounds were "47.00". It was done elsewhere. Congrats on your find Walks.

Got me thinking, If it's the "law" to sell as marked, what happens if you have a typo when your selling your used car, are you obligated to sell the car to the first person that offers the $1000, even if you meant to put $10000 ( I know its a stretch but it could happen )

hey, watch where ya point that thing!

Boolit Master

I don't know that was not the correct price. I recently bought 5000 CCI std.vel. for $249.00. Since then I have seen some sales at $220.00 for the same item. 22 LR is coming down in price. I don't know if still on sale but it was at Targetsports USA.

Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post
    Are you serious ? ?

Walmart, HomeCheapo, Lowe's, etc have virtually put many local business' (gunshops, pharmacies, grocers, for a few) OUT of business just about everywhere they build a retail store.

How ?

By the greed of "folks" for the lower pricing (than the little guy's).

This Summer, my local WalMart raised the prices of most of their meds 200% - after they reduced the number of local pharmacies from over 50 to a baker's dozen or so - not counting a few of the other giant pharmacies (CVS, Walgreen's, Rite-Aid, etc).

There needs to be some pushback !

No, they didn't put anyone out of Business, the community did, and or they did it to themselves. Service and Product trumps price. I pay more for my meats, my choice. I want better lumber, I pay more, again, my choice. Stop blaming the large Corporations for a persons personal greed.

Go start a business, then you might understand..

Boolit Master
    and yet .....my comment was deleted.

must be against the rules to make notes to ones self.

Boolit Grand Master
    I see a lot of greed and rationalization in this thread. Ask yourselves what Jesus would do. Ask that even if you are not a Christian. BTW, I believe all of us will answer to Him in the end. Maybe I am soft headed like another who replied.
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Kind of what I was thinking. I developed a bias against them years ago due to the duds and weak firing ones. I won't buy them now.
    everything remington ammo as its fair part of duds,and more. those golden bullets are meh at best. the rate of duds in their bucket is unbelievable.

It might have been that WM wanted to reduce their inventory of that item. If it rang up on the register as$47.00 most likely that's what was going on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast