RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2WidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart screw up

Boolit Master

Wal-Mart screw up

Just got back from my Neighborhood Wal-Mart.
    Went in for a 1400rd bucket of REM Golden BULLETS @ $74.00, somebody made big boo boo. Kid opened the locked ammo cage, I pulled out one.

It was marked $47.00 !!!!!, pulled the next 2, $47.00 each. The last was $74.00, I left it.

Kid called for a Mgr to ring it up, he was on a cellphone the whole time. I sweated it out, AND THEY SAILED THROUGH AT $47.00 EACH.

I feel no guilt at all. Wal-Mart has been screwing the AMERICAN PEOPLE for decade's. Nice to get a little back.

4200rds HVHP .22LR, I'll take it. Don't need HV or HP, but what the hey, I'll take anyway.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master

You don't feel just a little guilty?
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master

If they are marked they have to sell them for that price once presented at the register. They can refuse to let you go back for more or pull the rest of the incorrectly marked product once discovered though. I have gotten a couple of really good deals from time to time, all at major chains and no I do not feel guilty at all.

Super Moderator

To be honest, I have to wonder if those Remington "Golden Bullets" are even worth the $47.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    To be honest, I have to wonder if those Remington "Golden Bullets" are even worth the $47.
    Kind of what I was thinking. I developed a bias against them years ago due to the duds and weak firing ones. I won't buy them now.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I will say it maybe that way in fla but it ain't that way here. They can refuse to sell it for the marked price.m
    I always thought they had to but found out different when my wife went to work for state liquor store no matter what it is marked or what sign was left up they will not sell it for that price if the register gives a different price.

Boolit Master
    Lower advertised or marked price is the law in NY.

Boolit Master
    I'd have to agree but at that price I'd be willing to suffer through it.

I say take it and run and do not look back. What that dose not work pull the bullets an melt and sell the brass or if you make your own with that brass use it. They mark like they did is there problem.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    Oh Oh, you might have gotten those special cartridges that only work in those imaginary guns that stamp an ID on each round when fired.

Boolit Master
    That’s .033 cents each probably what there worth. Great score.

I believe that price mistakes do happen.
    But wasn't the right price listed in the store computer when the items were scanned?
    Did the manager need to over-ride the regular price for the buckets after they were scanned?
    Didn't the manager say anything about the prices being mismarked?
    It almost seems like they were on clearance.

I'm happy for anyone who can get such a great deal from Walmart.
    But I don't agree that Walmart has been "screwing the American people for decades".
    If that were the case, then the OP and millions of other people would never shop there.
    Last edited by arcticap; 09-06-2018 at 01:17 AM.

Boolit Master

I don't feel guilty, all I need to do is perform a Mitzvah and I'm good.
    I haven't shot REMINGTON Golden Bullets in years, but I'm getting them for a Family Guys wknd. Just don't wanna use any of my good FED 710 or old W-W yellow box for the plethora of non-shooters who'll show up.

Bad enough I gotta supply guns I'll hafta clean. I'm not about to waste good ammo too.

And if Wal-Mart wasn't screwing Americans ? Why are there so many empty Wal-mart's sitting in the middle of Ghost towns ?
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master

I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to buzzkill him.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

In Remembrance

Back in the late 1980`s I went into our local Wally World store to buy a Winchester push feed synthetic stock Model 70 in .300 Win Mag at a decent sale price. They were all sold out and wouldn`t get anymore of that model in again. So the manager asked me if I wanted a defferent model for the same price? I said sure, why not! It turned out to be a Boss barreled control feed checkered walnut stock Model 70! It had a price tag of over $700 still on the box, I got it for $295.00! I tried to not giggle as I left the store. I often wonder if that manager had her job for long after that sale?Robert

Boolit Master
    I am of the thinking that the concept of "Karma" exists. It is included in every "real" religion" in the world. "What goes around, Comes around"/ "Good brings good, Bad brings bad" type of thinking.
    As well as the "Golden Rule", being, "Do onto others as you would have done to you."..

So, I try to be as honest in my dealings with people, regardless of the situation. That is "me".

I think, had I been in that situation, that after telling them or showing them the ad with the different price & they offered to sell at the lower marked price, I would have bought the amount I originally went in to buy & not "all I could get", so I would be leaving some for others, or allowing them to correct the mistake they made.

If the mistake had been the other way around with the advertisement marked at $47.00 & the cost in the store at $74.00 then situation is reversed & then that "turnaround" would have to be considered by the store & the buyer both as well.

The "rule of life" I use & mentioned in the 1st paragraph of this post would still apply for "me" for both situations. For others... "YMMV" I reckon..

If you are comfortable with your dealings, then good for you. I hope they shoot great for ya!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

I try to " Buy American" so I don't spend much at Walmart. They do have the best price around here for Fish Bites bait strips but they're usually out of the Sand Flea flavored ones that Pompano prefer.
    On the other hand Dick's Sporting is
    #1- ridiculously over priced
    #2- anti-anything-approaching pro-shooting.
    I refuse to shop there or Bass Pro even when they send discount coupons. I can buy primers at the LGS for the price Bass Pro charges.

Walmart isn't hurting for money, if this was a small mom and pop store I may have felt different, but hey- that's good deal. No one got hurt, and this will never even show up on Walmarts radar. No harm no foul.
    Do the best you can, with what you've got, where you're at. -Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry I can't agree, honesty would insist that you at least mention the mismarking.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow ninja View Post
    Walmart isn't hurting for money, if this was a small mom and pop store I may have felt different, but hey- that's good deal. No one got hurt, and this will never even show up on Walmarts radar. No harm no foul.
    So your saying if you perceive me to be rich, that makes it alright to steal from me? After all, it's not hurting anyone, right?

Where do we hear this kind of reasoning?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast