RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: WTB Original M/88 Commission Rifle Clips

Boolit Man

WTB Original M/88 Commission Rifle Clips

Looking for a couple M/88 Commission Rifle Enbloc clips in usable condition. Tried repros and they seem like they're going to be too much work to make function; thus, only looking for original issue clips.

Yeah-- that's a real problem! Good luck with this quest, it's like looking for the Holy Grail. I have 5 of these rifles and not a single original clip. I have seen them for sale on e-bay now and then, just one or maybe two, at astronomical prices that I just couldn't bring myself to pay. You would think that someone, somewhere would have a large stash of them as when the rifles were originally imported they were fairly easy to acquire, and in pre-WW I Germany they must have been as common as M1 Garand clips, but wherever they are they're being hoarded. I bought several of the replica clips from Gun Parts Corp. a number of years ago when they were first offered, and none of them worked properly, the main problem seeming to be to get them to lock into the magazine. I tweeked a couple of them and got them to work fairly well, but kind of lost interest in the project. Good luck with this search, and if you find the mother lode of '88 clips let me know and I'll be up for buying a few!

Boolit Grand Master

They are currently made of unobtanium and are available from Noway. The repros are two thick and stout and won't release the rounds. I have yet to see a good repro. The last original I bought was in a junk box at a gun show and I had to buy the whole box and was happy to do so. I tape the bottom of the mag well to keep from losing it and mostly shoot either single shot or with my Turk 88.

Boolit Bub
    I've got 20 I cleaned up for a friend that does gun shows. I'll see how many he wants to keep and sell and get a price and let you know.

Boolit Master
    DocAV is a moderator of the reloading forum at gunboards.
    He is in OZ. His business is reloading blanks for movie production.
    The last I knew he was tooling up to make both GEW88 clips and the similar clip for the 1895 Dutch Mannlichers.
    Yes his clips will be reproductions but he knows the difference between a real tool maker and a fraud. I am sure his clips will be first rate.
    About 8 years ago I got 2 original GEW88 clips off of a guy on Gunbroker for a decent price. They worked perfectly. There are still good clips out there but they don't show up everyday.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    Decade or so ago (after searching maybe 40 years)
    GONRA got original Soviet 14.5mm PTRS-41 5 shot en bloc clip(s) from:
    Christian Koll russianammo@yahoo.com
    Warm up yer PayPal and check him out for GEW88 clips....