WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading Everything

Thread: A #3 and a #10 tool from e*ay

Boolit Master

A #3 and a #10 tool from e*ay

just got in a couple of new to me tools. The number 3 is marked .250 SAV and the number 10 is marked 22 SAV HP and in a smaller font, 25-35. Both are nickel plated, the #10 has 100 % original nickel. Sadly, the #3 has only about 80% nickel plating left. Both came from the same seller and I'm certain they belonged to the same reloader way back then. These are likely from the 1940's I think, nearly 80 years ago.
    Tools from those days out-survived their owners, I wonder how much of our "modern" stuff will be in someone else's hands 80 years from now? Handling old tools like this makes me wonder about the original owner, I'm pretty sure I would have liked him!
    Last edited by trooperdan; 09-05-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Boolit Master

There are some that will still be around... I bet all of my RCBS presses will out live me.

I'd guess that it'd be safe to think that the original owner liked Savage 99s.

You might double check, but I think that 3s were for rimmed and 10s for rimless. I know that my '06 is a 10 and my 303Sav. is a 3.
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Boolit Master

I had the handle numbers back-assedwards in my OP, the #3 is for rimmed cases and is marked both .25-35 and .22 Sav HP and the #10, for rimLESS is for 250 SAV. They look the same except for the # 10 has a small hole in one handle near the hinge for the case holder which of course is missing.

Nice finds, especially for a Savage fan.

Were those sweet and svelte 219s, like in your sig line, chambered for any of those three rounds?
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Boolit Master

I am pleased you won them
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95