Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: I think this 32 auto just got funner!

Boolit Buddy

I think this 32 auto just got funner!

I only recently learned that Czechpoint sells a pistol brace and adapter for the VZ61 pistol. I have had mine for many years but never shot it all that much because it wasn't all that much fun to shoot offhand. My local gunsmith finished up the work (D&T) today so I will shoot it tomorrow.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CZ vz61.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	226625

Boolit Master

OMG that looks like so much fun! I am only casting and loading for a CZ70 and Kel-tec at the moment. You are gonna need a bunch of brass. I did pick up a bag of once fired at a show a week or so ago, 650 or so for 30 bux. But, it was mostly US brass and I really was hoping for more G.F.L. or S&B brass as I sort brass by headstamp for better extractor grooves.

Boolit Grand Master
    32 ACP is a fun caliber, period. There are a number of Mid-Caliber Mavens on this site, so look around and gather info on some of the forays made by others with this caliber.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks Marshall.

Boolit Master

Now all it needs is a rail so you can hang ten pounds of tactical **** off it!
    Just kidding that thing would be fun to shoot, only draw back is EVERYONE will want to shoot it. Starting with me

Boolit Buddy
    I have about 120 rounds of ammo (mix of factory and reloads) to put through it tomorrow. I have a dozen or so pistols and rifles in various .32 calibers and this VZ61 was probably my least favorite. I hope that changes as of tomorrow.

Boolit Master
    Cool. I like it. it looks great like that too.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    @tejano,

The 32 Auto is one of my favorite calibers. I have done a lot of load development in this caliber for my CZ70. One of my favorite loads uses the inexpensive 78gr LRN bullet from RimRock.

Quickload Calculated Ballistics for CZ70 with 3.75" Barrel
    78 gr LRN / 2.4 gr Green Dot / 0.3 cc / 0.950 OAL
    18615 psi / 963 fps / 161 ft-lb / 98.7% Burn / 85.4% Fill

This round cycles the CZ70 perfectly and is fairly inexpensive to load. It has similar energy and feel as European rounds.

Enjoy your VZ61.

Marshall

Marshall
    I love that bullet, but my CZ70 has such a short throat that I cannot hand eject rounds loaded with that bullet. I have taken to using my modified Lee bullet as the first round in the magazine. I also really like Titegroup in the 32ACP.

Boolit Bub
    Pretty sweet. I have wanted to get that same setup at some point. Have you had any feeding problems? I heard the design does not like to feed flat points or pretty much anything besides RN

Boolit Buddy
    While mine has mostly been fed RN bullets, jacketed and lead, it did okay with Rimrock's 75 gr. FP. However, I think I have previously used that bullet only once in this particular pistol. I will try that bullet next time out and report back.

Boolit Buddy
    I was mistaken. The 75 gr. FP would not chamber at .945" OAL or even .915". I wasn't willing to go shorter, though I think the problem is the bullet profile more than anything. I still have some swaged Hornady 90 gr. SWC that I normally load at .955" and that may be the lead bullet I fired through this pistol some years back. I will load some this weekend and see what happens.

When shooting my colt 1903 in 32 acp, I separate U.S. manufactured brass cartridges from European made cases. The gun feeds both but not if I mix them in the magazine. It appears the semi rimmed cases are cut different and that is where the hang up occurs. Anyway, it works for me.

Boolit Buddy
    My 1903 surprised me by feeding 62 gr. LSWCs. Normally, I separate case brands as well and use WW more than anything else.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	.32 cal bullets.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	226953Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(5).jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	226954

Boolit Master

Beautiful 1903
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Buddy
    Supposedly, it is a WWII lend lease that made it way back to the states at some point. I probably paid too much for it about 3 years ago, but you know how it is . . . . . .

Boolit Master
    One thought is with shooting .32 ACP's out of a carbine, is the noise levels. It ought to be fairly quiet in comparison to a short barrel handgun.

Hey, it's never "too much" if you "have enough"! That includes whatever you can beg or borrow, too. Having that gun has probably added five good years to your life!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tejano View Post
    Supposedly, it is a WWII lend lease that made it way back to the states at some point. I probably paid too much for it about 3 years ago, but you know how it is . . . . . .

is that the same thing as what they call the scorpion? it sure looks like it!, that has been the number one gun on my "have to have it or I might die!" list for a long time, I believe the bad guy in die hard 1 used a scorpion, that and I love 32 acp's they are just plain fun to shoot!
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

The only 32acp I keep is a Walther PP. I have had a bucket of them Colts, Savage and many foreign
    makes. The FN 1900 Brn is suppose to be highly accurate. It's not bad but best one I ever had was
    a Mauser 1910. It would shoot as good as most plinker grade 22s with 77g RN cast.