MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9mm mould advice... something in the 125 grain range.

Boolit Buddy
    I powder coat the Lee 356-124-TC TL bullets. I have never had any leading from them, and get excellent accuracy.

Boolit Buddy
    Go with the NOE 358-124-tchp it works in guns with no leade and you can make hp,cup point and flat point all from same mold.

Boolit Buddy
    I've gone with the MP 359-125 HP and am very happy. It's an accurate boolit, the brass mold casts like a dream, and the HP pins really help the boolits fall out easier in my experience.

NOE has a special on 35's... RIGHT NOW.

Boolit Master

Update

I picked up an Arsenal 124 TC mould, 5 cavity. Have not warmed up to it yet... shoots great in the Sccy and steel witnesses and FM Hi-power, but can't make it shoot in an RIA 1911. I am not sure the 1911 barrel is broken in yet, it picks up lead and shoots about 4 inch groups at 15 yards! It slugs out just a shade over .357, so sizing at .358 with 93/3/3 and 2700+. I may try 2500+ and see what happens. The nose on this mould, I think, is to small.

A member here sent me some PC'ed Lee 124 TC bullets that I sized to .357 and change and they shot very well. Also saw about a 20FPS velocity increase with the same load of BE. Maybe BE was the problem. Going to be a bit before I really get time to test some of the variables.

The Arsenals also seem to be keyholeing at loads around 3.8 of BE. I do have to load them both fairly short for the 1911 as the lead in is fairly abrupt and short.

Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    Update

I picked up an Arsenal 124 TC mould, 5 cavity. Have not warmed up to it yet... shoots great in the Sccy and steel witnesses and FM Hi-power, but can't make it shoot in an RIA 1911. I am not sure the 1911 barrel is broken in yet, it picks up lead and shoots about 4 inch groups at 15 yards! It slugs out just a shade over .357, so sizing at .358 with 93/3/3 and 2700+. I may try 2500+ and see what happens. The nose on this mould, I think, is to small.

A member here sent me some PC'ed Lee 124 TC bullets that I sized to .357 and change and they shot very well. Also saw about a 20FPS velocity increase with the same load of BE. Maybe BE was the problem. Going to be a bit before I really get time to test some of the variables.

The Arsenals also seem to be keyholeing at loads around 3.8 of BE. I do have to load them both fairly short for the 1911 as the lead in is fairly abrupt and short.
    2700 or 2500 fps??? Out of a 9mm pistol???

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    2700 or 2500 fps??? Out of a 9mm pistol???
    No... White Label Lube 2500+ and 2700+.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    No... White Label Lube 2500+ and 2700+.
    Hahaha, ok whew...I was about to start asking what voodoo magic you had loaded and if your fingers were still in place....hahaha

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123