PBcastcoMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another PSA AR-15 Question, 10.5" 300AAC On Sale

Vendor Sponsor

Another PSA AR-15 Question, 10.5" 300AAC On Sale

I am very tempted to pull the trigger on this. Having never owned an AR platform, I know I want something 30 caliber, shorter than standard rifle, lightweight.

I have fairly good 'smithing skills, and some machine tools, but no real working knowledge of the AR from a 'smiths point of view.

Would this be a decent entry level piece for me? $549 free shipping, sale ends tomorrow.

Here are some particulars so you don't have to go look it up at the liink:

SKU: 5165449004
    UPC: 5165449004
    MFR#: 5165449004

Barrel Length: 10.5"
    Gas System: Pistol-length
    Barrel Profile: Heavy
    Barrel Steel: 4150V Chrome Moly Steel
    Barrel Finish: Phosphate
    Chrome Lining: None
    Muzzle Thread: 5/8-24
    Chamber: 300AAC Blackout
    Twist Rate: 1 in 8"
    Barrel Extension: M4
    Diameter at Gas Block: .750"
    Gas Block Type: Low-profile
    Muzzle Device: A2 Style Flash Hider
    Receiver Material: Forged 7075 T6
    Receiver Type: M4
    Hand guard Type: PSA 9" Lightweight M-Lok Rail
    Bolt Carrier Group Included: Yes
    Bolt Steel: Carpenter 158
    Bolt Carrier Profile: Full-auto
    Charging Handle included: Yes
    Lower Receiver: Forged 7075 T6 Aluminum
    Receiver Finish: Hardcoat Anodized
    Fire Control Group: Single-Stage, Mil-spec style
    Grip: Classic A2 Grip, Black
    Buffer Tube: 7075 T6 Aluminum
    Adjustment: Fixed
    Pistol Brace: SB Tactical SOB Pistol Brace, Black
    Magazine:30 Round Aluminum

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165449004.html
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    not a bad deal at all,i just built a 300 aac and have about 500 in it and had a few small parts,mine is only 8.5 inch barrel though

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    I am very tempted to pull the trigger on this. Having never owned an AR platform, I know I want something 30 caliber, shorter than standard rifle, lightweight.

I have fairly good 'smithing skills, and some machine tools, but no real working knowledge of the AR from a 'smiths point of view.

Would this be a decent entry level piece for me? $549 free shipping, sale ends tomorrow.

Also, what optics would y'all suggest for this?

I don't plan on hunting with this, it is a SHTF defense against multiple threats likely within 50yds.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0455[3449].jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	226596 I put a red dot on mine and like it

Boolit Master
    I have a PSA 8.5” .300Blk upper with a stainless barrel. It’s quite accurate, sub 1” at fifty yards. It is also “over gassed “, meaning the gas port is too large. Tamed it by using an “H2” buffer which is heavier than a normal carbine buffer. The up side is it will function with either super or sub sonic ammo without a silencer.

Its not a high end pistol like a Colt, Noveske or Daniel Defense but it keeps chugging along. I’d suggest one of the Holosun or Primary Arms red dot sights. .300Blk is easy to handload and ammo is fairly available if you want to buy some to break in your new blaster.

Boolit Grand Master

I’d youre looking for an inexpensive “pistol” in 300 BLK, it’ll serve your purpose just fine. I’ve a few from PSA and their equipment has always went bang. A little rough but serviceable.

Boolit Master

Get the psa kit with the SBA 3 pistol brace. 149 for the kit, 39 for a stripped lower, pick a complete upper for around 249 on clearance or a blem and you are good to go. Just did the same thing myself a couple weeks ago. You will not regret getting that adjustable and legal pistol brace... I consider it the best pistol brace on the market.

Have several psa and find them as servicable as my colts. No regrets picking up a psa. Assembling the lower kit is no challenge and plenty of good vids on youtube to walk you through it.
    Last edited by Kevinakaq; 09-03-2018 at 10:36 PM.
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Vendor Sponsor

Kevinakaq it comes with this: Pistol Brace: SB Tactical SOB Pistol Brace, Black

Is this not legal?

Boolit Master

Is legal, didn't mean to imply the one you were looking at isn’t. Was just pointing out the sba3 is an adjustable brace which puts it as close to a standard type stock as possible without becoming an sbr. Huge upgrade in my opinion. ymmv. Search youtube for sba 3 pistol brace and you will see a lot of fans who consider it a game changer. It sells for 129 by itself and psa is offering it with all lower parts for 149 - quite a bargain.

As for psa labor day sale i dont see them as any better than the ones they have on a daily basis. And i have been watching daily for a couple months now...

Kev
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Vendor Sponsor

Kevinakaq All the 10.5" 300AAC uppers are out of stock.. ;(

Boolit Master

Kevinakaq All the 10.5" 300AAC uppers are out of stock.. ;(
    Had same issue when I ordered mine. I simply ordered the stripped lower and sba 3 kit with free shipping and waited. One promptly showed up on sale in a few days with free shipping included. The labor day sales are no better than any other day that I can tell. Not trying to talk you out of the one you are looking at as i am certain it is a fine setup, just saying the labor day sale price shouldn’t motivate you to purchase right away. These sales are around everyday at psa from what i have noticed. I was making this exact decision myself very recently and got exactly what I wanted cheaper than the one shot buy and included the sba 3. Just my humble opinion offered my friend. Either way you will be a happy customer I feel as psa makes good solid products.

Vendor Sponsor

Ok I made the order for the lower and the sba3 kit. Which mags for this?

*They prolly put at least one component out of stock when they are having a sale on completed rifles, so you can't buy a complete build while the sale is ongoing..

I haven't found a mag yet that won't work for the .300 BO, but my favorites are 20 rd Magpul and GI contract 20 rounders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    ive ran 20,30 and 40 round plastic and a 30 round steel mag and all did fine

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I haven't found a mag yet that won't work for the .300 BO, but my favorites are 20 rd Magpul and GI contract 20 rounders.
    You using 5.56/223 mags for 300 AAC?

Boolit Buddy
    Yep same mags.

I have basically the same thing PSA 300AAC in 16" and its accurate and works great. I also have and worked on other PSA ARs. The only problem I ran into was trying to break down an upper. Their barrel nuts are a nightmare sometimes and I had one 5.56 upper I couldnt take the barrel off at all it was on so tight. Other then that PSA stuff works fine.

300 is great for casting too and because of that I shoot it more then my 5.56 now.

Boolit Buddy

I run the PSA mags @ 6.99 on sale.Smooth out the feed lips and front inner edge and go, I have started flattening the forward rib just a tad for the fatty's.
    Ok I made the order for the lower and the sba3 kit. Which mags for this
    *They prolly put at least one component out of stock when they are having a sale on completed rifles, so you can't buy a complete build while the sale is ongoing..
    "The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Banned

Ive got 4 psa ars now that ive put together with there parts. All are great guns and a real good bang for the buck.

Magpul Gen 2 or 3 work fine for me.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

You using 5.56/223 mags for 300 AAC?
    Absolutley.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast