RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flea market, auctions and yard sale finds

Banned
    john.k,

THANKS for the info. - Fwiw, I belong to a shooting forum in the UK & can likely find someone on that forum who can come up with Martini small parts, if/when I find the receiver to convert to .303 British.
    (I thought that I remembered that the barrel threads were the same.)

I once, when stationed OCONUS, saw/shot a Martini-actioned stalking rifle & was very impressed with his weapon.
    There are any number of nations abroad, where single-shot rifles & pre-1890 weapons are lawful but modern weapons are prohibited.
    (There are at least two nations in the former USSR that do NOT allow "non citizens" to possess repeaters but double-barreled shotguns & single-shots are lawful for hunting Red Deer, wild boar & other game for use by "visiting sportsmen".)

yours, tex

Boolit Master

NICE Score, man, nice score.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Always liked the looks of Martinis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I should have said is that I would have paid what you paid for all three just to buy one of those actions. A big martini rebarreled to 577 Snider or 5070 US government would be a lot of fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Wish we had flea markets like that around here. Congratulations!!

Boolit Master
    Everyone feel free to post your deals you have gotten.
    Deals are out there.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Master

I bought a 5# plus batch of Solder, mostly 60/40 and a Mitutoyo Dial Indicator for a total of $4 at a garage sale last week.
    Last edited by sparky45; 09-04-2018 at 05:37 PM.

Got a never used Lee Reloader Press and Lee manual for $20 and a Lyman Spartan Press with priming arm and plastic primer catcher in great shape for $15.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Got a never used Lee Reloader Press and Lee manual for $20 and a Lyman Spartan Press with priming arm and plastic primer catcher in great shape for $15.
    Good snag, the primer catchers are always missing. I had an extra once and sold it ebay and the price went to $50

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfustyle View Post
    NICE Score, man, nice score.
    Thanks kungfustyle, I see your info has you in TN now. congrats.

Picked up a nice old Rolling Block complete action the other day for $140. But that's certainly not like your 3 fer deal!

Boolit Buddy
    What a great find!
    The best deal I ever got was a 94 Win reciever with a broken tang for $19 at an antique shop. It had a plugged and rusted barrel on it. They thought it was a sword.
    Welded on a new tang and less than $200 later I have a running 94 In 30-30!

Banned
    Picked up a Remington #4 rolling block in 32 RF with a perfect bore for $150 and an FN 1910 in 32 acp for $65 today at an auction. The FN was in pieces and sold for parts, figured nobody knew how to put back together. Just got done running 4 mag fulls thru it

Quote Originally Posted by Blanket View Post
    Picked up a Remington #4 rolling block in 32 RF with a perfect bore for $150 and an FN 1910 in 32 acp for $65 today at an auction. The FN was in pieces and sold for parts, figured nobody knew how to put back together. Just got done running 4 mag fulls thru it
    In my opinion the 1910 FN was JMB's final pocket pistol design because it was the best. What a deal!

For them as don't know, Rogers OH is almost on the WV line, definitely rural. I see ads for that meet in Farm & Dairy all the time. Not far from my retirement BOL, but owing to disability I can't do shows and flea markets anymore. I do still do local estate auctions, and my last good score was a near-mint Enfield (Webley) revolver in .38-200, for about 1/3 of what Gunbroker sellers are asking.
    Last edited by uscra112; 09-09-2018 at 08:30 PM.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

watching
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Man
    Years ago, I stopped at yard sale just up the road from me. The owner was a former contractor and had lots of tools and assorted accessories and I boght a large stack of abrasive wheels for a cut off saw. As we were loading them into the truck, I happen to ask if he had any old gun stuff to which he replied he hadn't thought about bringing any of that stuff out. Into the garage he went and came back with 3 long guns cradled in his arms. He made me offer something for them and would not give a price so I offered what I had in my pocket, $75.00. What I got was a Winchester 1902 single shot .22 with a very nice bore but with some garage patina, an Arisaka Type 30 also with garage patina and a .41 caliber butt reservoir air rifle. It is all brass except for the lock mechanism which somewhat resembles a flintlock and is unmarked. I took the air rifle to my local gunsmith who is a friend and neighbor who was very intrigued by it. He unscrewed the butt and stuck his compressed air blow off nozzle in the butt valve and put 60psi or so in it. Screwed it back on, pulled the cock back and pressed the trigger. There was a loud crack followed by a series of bing bang clank noises as whatever was still in the gun bounced around his machine shop. I am guessing that it is from the early 1800's but I've yet to find a picture of it or anything somewhat similar. I love yard sales!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Years ago, I stopped at yard sale just up the road from me. The owner was a former contractor and had lots of tools and assorted accessories and I boght a large stack of abrasive wheels for a cut off saw. As we were loading them into the truck, I happen to ask if he had any old gun stuff to which he replied he hadn't thought about bringing any of that stuff out. Into the garage he went and came back with 3 long guns cradled in his arms. He made me offer something for them and would not give a price so I offered what I had in my pocket, $75.00. What I got was a Winchester 1902 single shot .22 with a very nice bore but with some garage patina, an Arisaka Type 30 also with garage patina and a .41 caliber butt reservoir air rifle. It is all brass except for the lock mechanism which somewhat resembles a flintlock and is unmarked. I took the air rifle to my local gunsmith who is a friend and neighbor who was very intrigued by it. He unscrewed the butt and stuck his compressed air blow off nozzle in the butt valve and put 60psi or so in it. Screwed it back on, pulled the cock back and pressed the trigger. There was a loud crack followed by a series of bing bang clank noises as whatever was still in the gun bounced around his machine shop. I am guessing that it is from the early 1800's but I've yet to find a picture of it or anything somewhat similar. I love yard sales!
    Lewis and Clark had a very similar air rifle.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master

Lookup Girandoni air rifle.

Boolit Man
    Thank you for the comments. I am aware of the Lewis and Clark air rifle and also the Girandoni. This has no wood and I don't think it ever did. I do believe the butt reservoir was covered with leather at on time but that has long rotted off or at least it is no longer present. Interesting to see how the hollow butt was pieced together. I'll take some pictures in a few days and post them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast