RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: #2 in a 300 winmag?

#2 in a 300 winmag?

I have a unfired rem 700 in 300 winmag that I really would like to shoot just cast out of but I would like to be able to go to full loads with it my Lyman new edition shows that #2 alloy is what they recommend is that really hard enough to push upwards of 50k psi without gas cutting? The boolits will be gas checked and lubed I am hoping not to make the plunge into PC in this adventure.

I’d really like to know if that 14bhn checked and lubed is gonna work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TaylorS; 09-02-2018 at 01:38 AM.
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I have run water dropped isotope lead that has tin added. Not quite #2, but probably close as 3/3 tin/antimony. I favor the 205 grain bullets and I load them gas checked with Felix lube over a full case of WC872 and don't get any leading.
    My isotope lead page: http://fellingfamily.net/isolead/

Boolit Master
    Using the 1/10" twist rate barrel on the 700 Rem with the pressures you mentioned is a recipe for disappointment.
    You will need a slower twist rate and a slow burning powder to begin to approach accurate loads with the pressures you have in mind. Just my opinion. You didn't mention the boolit you wanted to use; but the 311466 or something similar might be a good place to start. I wish you luck and hope you are successful. I haven't tried the .300 Win with cast, but have tried the .30-06, and the twist rate seems to really affect attempts at higher velocity.
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

I have either the 170 or 190gr 309 Lee mold to start this project with and a can of IMR5010 that’s still good and plenty slow enough powder the barrel will probably be the last thing I change up since I have no sights on the rifle yet long term project but I can start figuring ammo and shopping for optics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk