Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Range day finally

Range day finally

I will get pics up in a while. Thinking of you guys and hope you had a chance to get out as well.

Well my thing-a-majigger failed so will need to upload the photos another time.

At any rate, took the short Pietta 61 and the Uberti 61 and the 60 army Uberti as well and hit the range. All in all I shot something in excess of 100 rounds through these capper revolver's.

What a great time. Have not taken my Colt replica's out for a romp for some time. Around 75 degrees and sunny. Bees driving me crazy ... But the journey was short.

This mini range at the Albany rifle and pistol range with a few reactive targets so all that was needed was to load n shoot.

I always wonder why it takes me so long to get back to doing what brings such happiness and serenity.

I am just bragging and trying to encourage you to get out and get your share of the serenity that is so easy to get.

So come on ... Get out there and report back here with your own brag on having a great time doing what we do.

Boolit Master
    Practice day (I thought!) at out local blackpowder club today - I took my cheapskate sharps 45/70 and my 1876 uberti 45/75 along intentding to do some serious tuneup at the 100yards (its a nice 100yd range with a good shooting bench) -- alas -- one of the boys has conned a local sports store for a gift certificate so we had to have some kind of competition to sort that out - We had paper targets out at 50 yards for preliminaries - ahh - lets have a plate shoot - yeah that'll work -- white paper plate pinned on buff target backer - and this ole goose has his two thumpers both with long range tang sights - didnt bring the spare inserts for the front - we shooting it offhand, 12 shots - its a devious target at best - two inch bull worth ten - 6 inch second ring only worth two and the outer is 1 point - I could barely see the plate - ended up using the entire front tunnel as a sight and working on the square corners of the target board sticking out equally - that dang plate is in the middle there someplace! quite pleased with me self in the end I got em all on the plate only one in the outer ring but could only manage one centre shot - got second - first place clean missed with half his shots but got three centres and a couple in the 2 ring
    Heres some of the lineup - Uberti 76 (45/75), Henry 44/40, winchester 94 38/55, model 66 38/40, couple other 44/40's, a martini 32/20, original 50/70 remington roller musket (good as new) - theres a similar variety of muzzle loaders - despite the grey hair this is a fun group to be a part of

That sounds like a hoot. Bettin ya did have fun and lettin yer hair down so to speak, friendly competition and all. Sounds like a great group and some fun iron to play with.

Glad to hear and thanks for the range report.

Boolit Master
    our normal range days means something on the grill since we shoot handguns off one end of the back porch 10 to 30 yards then 50 yard rifle on the other and 100 and 150 yard across the pond,we also have a 350 yard range at our cabin down the road when we have time to go down there

Ahhh i fondly remember my Alaska days for the same reason. I would load a few and out to the 30 yard range in the front yard to see how they would do.

Built a shooting deck for the top of the bed on my pickup and many fine hours spent up at the rock quarry where 150 yards were possible.

I recall shooting in the yard many times where i would lose feeling in my fingers shooting in 40 and 50 below weather. I suffer now with my fingers but it were all in the name of a good time then ... couldn't allow a little chilly weather to keep me inside.

I am jealous of your setup. Enjoy for me.