Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: Two inexpensive bullets for the Cadet rifle

JoeBrotch

Two inexpensive bullets for the Cadet rifle

Two inexpensive bullets for the Cadet rifle

You have to slug your bore to find out your bore size, my BSA Cadet bore is .3235 diameter

1. Is a total copper plated lead bullet from Buffalo Arms for the 8mm Lebel pistol, weighting 100 grains and has a .330 diameter, .546 long, and .245 long bearing surface.

You can resize this thru a standard 8mm (.323) lee sizer/luber sizer kit ($25.00) or have Lee make a custom sized sizer die to fit your bore for $30.00

Cost from Buffalo Arms was $.10 each

2. Is a 152 grain cast bullet made from a Lee two cavity .329 diameter 205 grain weight gas check bullet mold (C329-205-1R) for $35.00

I shortened this mold .300 and it cast a 151 grain (1/30) bullet .797 long with a .320 diameter nose/bore riding diameter and a .242 long bearing surface I resized to .324 diameter that I am driving at 1250 FPS

I Lee Liquid Alox pan lube # 2 and it shows the most promise for longer range shooting accuracy and no keyholing.

My barrel is stamped 32-20 and my chamber measures .359" at base and .344" at 1.060 long , My cases are trimmed to 1.060.

I run a 8mm Mauser die expander ball down to bottom of case and expand base and decap primer, I size 1/4" of case mouth with a 32 ACP die (.3235 ID bullet opening) and then seat bullets with 32 ACP seater die.

100 grain total copper plated bullet has an overall length of is 1.345", Diameter over loaded case is .341 with a chamber diameter of .343

150 grain bullet overall length measures 1.620"", Diameter over loaded case is .341 with a chamber diameter of .343

I tried the heeled bullet and did not have as good accuracy as with the 150 grain bullets (1" at 50 yards with two loads tried, still experimenting with powders and charge weights).

You have to keep in mind that the chamber is a progressive cone then straight diameter (bullet throat relief) to rifling.

Chamber cast tells all, check dimensions to available dies and trim to length to suite non heeled bullet. trim to length to suite non heeled bullet.
    Last edited by JoeBrotch; 10-22-2008 at 06:16 PM.