Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Honey Harvest

Boolit Master

2018 Honey Harvest

Not a bad year, between my son and I looks like about 300#.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You are either single or your wife is slated for sainthood.

Only the finished product is allowed in our kitchen.

Nicely filled out comb there, congrats. Fun times with the kids.

Boolit Master
    very nice,what kind of honey is it,i eat local tupelo honey,they say its better for diabetics

Boolit Master
    The wife is a saint....and since I live in the middle of OKC....it is a bit of everything- kind of honey.

Boolit Buddy
    Reddirt you are the man! Great to see your son in there with you! My Dad raised bees and collected honey even though my mom was allergic to bee stings. She wasn't deathly allergic but painfull. Never got the itch myself,but sure did enjoy the product. Great to see Father/Son fellowship these days. Wife and I had 4 girls so it is not the same. Even with the son in laws. Hope he is into the cast Boolit life with you as it can be a way to connect with the younger generation as I have found with my oldest granddaughter "14"

Boolit Grand Master

For those of us that have no idea what you guys are doing could you describe the pictures and more importantly, are you going to sell some?
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    For those of us that have no idea what you guys are doing could you describe the pictures and more importantly, are you going to sell some?
    The machine is an extractor and it spins the honey from the frames, first pic is my son holding said frame before the cappings are removed. We do sell but as of yet have not shipped any. 8)

Boolit Grand Master

Cool pictures! It looks like your Wife has a nice high end kitchen. We are about to redo ours and I'm paying more attention to cabinets, counter tops and appliances.

I let a bee farmer put 6 hives on my place and so far out of the 6, he came out with about 700lbs. he said.He runs about 2,000 hives and his son went in with him also.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    An extractor in the kitchen...nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Extractor in the house! I am relegated to the shed!
    The bloke out in the field is always right until proven otherwise.

Boolit Master

eat local tupelo honey

Thread Hijack!

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...10._Yfv5NH3WNI

Definitely looks nice if you decide to ship any I would be interested.

Boolit Master

How about the wax, and do you sell any of it. Around St. Louis they want $18 to $25 for a pound of wax. I just can't afford that steep a price.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Grand Master

Love honey that’s local.

For the uninitiated, please note that’s an ELECTRIC extractor. For all of those that have done it manually, KNOW the amount of work that goes into extraction. That’s a super nice unit.

If you decide to sell, please do so in the swap and sell and not in this thread.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xs11jack View Post
    How about the wax, and do you sell any of it. Around St. Louis they want $18 to $25 for a pound of wax. I just can't afford that steep a price.
    Ole Jack
    No, we use all the wax we get.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    Love honey that’s local.

For the uninitiated, please note that’s an ELECTRIC extractor. For all of those that have done it manually, KNOW the amount of work that goes into extraction. That’s a super nice unit.

If you decide to sell, please do so in the swap and sell and not in this thread.
    I have the hand crank for it as well....now THAT is work!!

Heh, we are probably going to end up with over 400 pounds this year. Since I like having several different lots of honey from different locations, we harvest several times a year. The two frame hand crank extractor gets a real workout.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Boolit Master

Wow, you guys are blowin' my mind. My oldest daughter started beekeeping this year in No Ala. She has 2 hives, and has fascinated the entire family with her efforts, and the the things we've all learned about bees. She got 1 1/2 gal honey a few weeks ago and we were all thrilled. I got some and it was good but alot different from the local honey we buy from a beekeeper where we live. Never realized the difference in local honeys until now. This is so cool!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird View Post
    Wow, you guys are blowin' my mind. My oldest daughter started beekeeping this year in No Ala. She has 2 hives, and has fascinated the entire family with her efforts, and the the things we've all learned about bees. She got 1 1/2 gal honey a few weeks ago and we were all thrilled. I got some and it was good but alot different from the local honey we buy from a beekeeper where we live. Never realized the difference in local honeys until now. This is so cool!
    Good for your daughter!! It is actually micro-local, honey made 5 miles from me can be very different from mine.

Boolit Buddy

Youngest brother has been bee keeping for several years. Was over Sat. for a family get together and he harvested 66, 3.5 gallon buckets this year. Retiring as a rural mail carrier end of September. Working on a cart with some kind of hydraulic clamp to lift and rotate the 50 lb honey boxes off of the hives so can check hives. Started as a hobby but has turned into a business and a lot of work. Will supplement his retirement income from the post office. Told him should become a Cast Boolit vendor to offer his excess bees wax for sale.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast