Reloading EverythingWidenersInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Psa ar 10

Boolit Master

Psa ar 10

I would like to hear any ones experience with PSA. The price they are being sold for are very low.
    I have watched many You Tube Video's and read reviews. And most are posative. But i wonder who is getting paid for what they say. Kevin

Boolit Master

I bought one a few months ago and have no complaints. Couple hundred rounds with hand loads and surplus pmc. No jams, smooth sailing. At the price offered I finally decided to pull the plug on the AR10 and have zero regrets. Matter of fact step-father wants one now and will be watching their sales till Xmas for his present. This is my third PSA and they all are reliable. Have a couple Colt AR15’s and would pick up the PSA just as readily as the Colts. YMMV.
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Grand Master

I picked up two when the prices were very low. I have only shoot them a couple of times. Both are sub MOA for 5 rounds with M118LR. Overall fit and fit and finish is good. For the price I would rate it excellent but compared to gun costing 2 or 3 times more it would be considered good. I also have one of their AR15's. Same deal good value, good accuracy and zero issues.

Boolit Master

I bought a PSA Gen 1 Lower receiver and Gen 2 Upper receiver last year when they were on sale and then proceeded to build it as a 308 Win first before changing the 20" barrel out when a 20" 6.5 Creedmore barrel came available (I love 6.5 caliber cartridges)

Very accurate. Lots of thump compared to an AR15 for hunting and the brass feed without no issues at all and the fired shells get ejected so I get to reload them also!

Have a great time with the new rifle.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master
    i had intentions on doing an upgrade (full upper with high quality barrel) for my AR15. But with an ar10 upper going for 300 which is less than the ar15/ 223 upper. I am asking which i need more.

Boolit Master

My middle son bought one a couple of months ago, he hasn't shot it much yet but it seems to shoot well.

Boolit Buddy
    I have one. I got a stripped lower, and installed parts, and got an upper less hand guard to put on it. After trying various hand guard combos, I've finally got it the way I want, and I like it.
    It did have one issue when first fired. The extractor spring was so strong that the extractor would not slip over the case rim. This was a fairly common problem several years ago, so there were "fix" recommendations out there. I simply installed and AR15 extractor spring and it worked. After firing it about 100 rounds, I put the original extractor spring back in, and it seems to be functioning fine n ow.
    I do like the PA10, but it is as heavy, if not heavier than my M14s as the barrel on it has a much heavier profile barrel than the M14 style rifles.

Boolit Master

I built the lower and bought the upper all from PSA. The upper was their most expensive with an FN barrel. I haven’t wrung it out yet but it functions great and went together very easy. The cheaper uppers look to be a real bargain to me. I’ve used PSA several times and have always been happy with their stuff.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Buddy
    I'm thinking about buying one soon. How bad does the brass get beat up?

Vendor Sponsor

PSA for PSA, Their Labor Day sale is on, up to 40% off.... Ends Sept. 4th

PSA Gen2 PA10 18" Mid-Length .308 WIN Stainless Steel Lightweight M-Lok Rifle - $729 free shipping..

I have been wanting a 30cal ar carbine or pistol, I'm very tempted by this one:

PSA 10.5" Pistol-Length 300AAC Blackout 1/8 Phosphate Lightweight M-Lok Classic SOB Pistol - $549 free shipping

Does anyone have experience with the 10.5" ar pistol in 300AAC? What kind of groups can I expect at 100yds?
    Last edited by DougGuy; 09-03-2018 at 01:39 AM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

I have a 10" BO pistol, my build with KAK barrel. Isn't the cheapest build, CMG trigger but still under $500. I do OK @50 with supers, don't really try it at 100, no optics. Single point sling so I can carry in the field. Don't have a blade so takes some getting used to shooting. Horiz. is the real problem, especially with slower cast.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Well i pulled the trigger (pun intended) on the only 308 upper they had in stock. But i had wanted a stainless barrel.

Boolit Buddy
    I purchased one back in june of 2016 my biggest complaint is sometimes the spent case would not eject but flip around and jam up good. I don't know but someone had told me to shoot it more and it will work it self out.